Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jennkp

Aquarium Advice Activist
Pretty excited about this new baby!!! My son named him Ironman.

This picture doesn't do justice. He's beautif!!

Attachments

• image-824251816.jpg
    image-824251816.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 190
Thanks! Scotty I'm not really sure. They had him mislabeled. He was $2. So we scooped him up.

Thanks! Scotty I'm not really sure. They had him mislabeled. He was $2. So we scooped him up.

good deal, the cheapest i was able to get, without mislabeling, was $2.50 from Petsmart when they had a sale. it's not everyday, just need the patience to wait for the sale.

sometimes you can get the long fin GBR. in fact the breeders have been breeding the long fins for some time now.

Sorry to side track this thread. Do they breed Bolivian rams with the long fins? That could explain my pair

Sorry to side track this thread. Do they breed Bolivian rams with the long fins? That could explain my pair

now, the long fin pair of bolivian might have occurred naturally without people manipulating their genetic diversity. the only long fins i have seen and read about are the GBR. they also have the gold face electric blue rams as the result of genetic manipulation. with that been said, it wouldn't surprise me if the pair you have are the "experimental samples" as well because nowadays, they even have "long/lace fin oscars". you could only imagine my shock when i saw them in the store:eek:

It's okay! My husband wants another one. We are fascinated by him. He's very vain. He loves for you to see him. When we get home he shows off & I swear he poses for pictures. If your sitting on the couch by the tank he will come to that side & swim back & forth until you look at him. We got a dwarf gourami but he's a little shy. I any get a good picture of him. My son named him Sasquatch but he can't say it so we call him squat. Lol.

now, the long fin pair of bolivian might have occurred naturally without people manipulating their genetic diversity. the only long fins i have seen and read about are the GBR. they also have the gold face electric blue rams as the result of genetic manipulation. with that been said, it wouldn't surprise me if the pair you have are the "experimental samples" as well because nowadays, they even have "long/lace fin oscars". you could only imagine my shock when i saw them in the store:eek:

I hate the thought of genetically modifying fish just for the look.... Anyways I bought mine as Bolivian rams and they are honestly the nicest ones in my community tank with or without the long fins

I attached a couple pics hard to tell but of you look at the underside fins they are crazy long

Attachments

• image-161122125.jpg
    image-161122125.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 143
  • image-138622709.jpg
    image-138622709.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 139
  • image-2852960266.jpg
    image-2852960266.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 119
They are beautiful!! I hope ours gets that big!!

Thanks I've had them for about 5 months now, they are just maturing now so their colors have finally really come in

What could be wrong? Just came home & he was like this. He can move his side fins & tail. He is not gasping or anything. Ammo nitrite are 0 & nitrate is 20ppm. No one else is having problems. Tank has been cycled & establishes since November of last year. Only new thing to the tank is cabomba plant but its been 5 days with no problems.

Attachments

• image-3280519561.jpg
    image-3280519561.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 94
Well that's about normal. It hasn't changed since we got him. It's like something is wrong with his back. He is slightly curved. I've got him in a qt tank right now but I don't think he is going to make it.

Just the plants. Contemplating snatching them out so no one else may possibly have problems.

Back
Top Bottom