Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would take the plants out and do a big water change in the main tank

I know! He was our favorite. I noticed that our gourami had a small pin size hole in his tail so I'm wondering if they fought today while we were at work. The gourami chased him but never made contact with the ram, so maybe today was the day.

What type of gourami? That could explain it, they don't do well stressed. Do you have hiding places for them?

Dwarf. They hung out together when we first got them but I noticed the night before he chased the ram off but wasn't aggressive.

Awww :(
I got my Rams from SDrams off aquabid, their doing really well, and starting to show their colors. hope you get more, they really are awesome fish!

I'm pretty sad about him! I took the plants out as they weren't really what I was going for. So I figure once I figure out what we are happy with & then maybe we will try again.

When you are happy with the Your tank I would try again. You might want to think of Bolivian rams instead of GBRs, they are IMO as beautiful as the GBRs but a lot more hardy and forgiving with water fluctuations.

I don't think I've ever seen a Bolivian. I'll check them out. Thank you!

Oh my. They look almost identical! Beautiful.

Oh my. They look almost identical! Beautiful.

They do and honesty I find they have more personality. I'm not joking both of mine come to say hi and beg for food when anyone get close to tank

image-3092663487.jpg

My Bolivian rams first pic is how they come and beg

Attachments

• image-3377303816.jpg
    image-3377303816.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 87
IPAD Photos 201.jpg

My German Blue named Larry.

We have three rams (I can't seem to get a good shot of my two Bolivians) - Larry, Curly and Moe.

This guy nips at my fingers whenever I do anything in the tank!

Back
Top Bottom