RBTA Gone and done it!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I bit the bullet and decided it was time to add an anemone back to my system. I've been without one since I sold my giant LTA back to the LFS. It was well over 12" in diameter and just too big for the tank. This time around I decided to go with something that I really wanted. Today I picked up a small Rose BTA. It's a little bleached but it wasn't under great lighting and it is small. So far it is doing well I have it acclimating now, about 2 hours I'm going to let the 5g bucket fill completely before putting it in my system. When I got it, it was not attached to a rock rather the side of the tank, so during the acclimation I put it on a nice piece of rock and it has taken hold already that is a good sign I think. It has puffed itself up and looks pretty good even though bleached a bit.

The pic isn't the best but it is in a bucket at the moment. I'll get some pics of it when I get it in the tank and post them.

1010030mediummf1.jpg

Nice pickup. How about a weekly photo once it's in the tank to document it's recovery?

Hopefully it won't move around too much.

I just put it in the tank last night. While it was acclimating I put it on a rock and it seems to like that rock. So far it hasn't moved and it puffed up nicely yesterday after I put it in the main tank. We will see how things go today. Right now it's closed up but that is to be expected. I took some pics of it last night after putting it in the tank and I think I can do an update a couple times a week on the progress!

Update. The RBTA has closed up and is hiding right now. Getting used to the new lighting even with a reduced photo-period it is going to take a little time to get adjusted to the MHs. The foot looks really good, it is nicely attached to the rock and no signs of damage or problems.

Yeah well now the RBTA has decided to go on walk-about and is hiding in the tank. I'm not a happy guy at the moment.

That was to be expected I guess. Could be light acclimation. If the bleaching was too far gone for it to make a comeback you might not see it again. Keep checking back in the rock for it. If you find it you may be able to point a ph in its direction to make it move again. I would not try that for a couple to weeks, though. Let it settle and see if it comes out again as it gets used to the tank.

Update!!

I found the RBTA. It made a long walk around the island it was on and is coming back out of the rockwork. Amazingly its color is better then before. I'm not thrilled with where it is right now but I can deal with it. At least I know it is still there and from the look of it doing better!!! I'm going to leave it alone for the time being and see what it does. Eventually I would like it to be a center piece but that can wait for now. I'm just glad my $90 investment isn't lost! If it gets to a point where I can get a pic of it I will!

That's great news. Leaving it alone is teh best thing you can do now. Hopefully it will move again in a week or two and come out front. You can try placing them anywhere you want. They will usually end up moving just to spite you (or to find a more comforatable place).

Glad to hear the color is coming back.

I got a few pic of it since It is now visible. They aren't that great because of the angle I have to take them from, and they don't really show the color imporvement but anyway here they are.
rbta12408apd7.jpg

rbta12408cak2.jpg

rbta12408bts0.jpg

If it decides to settle where it shouldn't you can point a ph towards it's foot. Not too much flow, but enough to make it move in a few hours.

Right now it seems to like the hole it has found. I'm not happy with it there but I'm going to leave it alone for a while.

Well as of today 1/28/08 the RBTA is progressing nicely. Still in the hole but that is ok for now. As long as it continues to improve I'm ok with the location. The color is starting to deepen so I'm guessing it is doing better then it was. I wish I could get some better pics I just can't with where it is located and the curve of my tank.

All is well...updates to follow...

Back
Top Bottom