RCS/Planted Tank Blog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love this! Deffo following mate! Just ordered 10 RCS for my 6g tank ;)

I already have 3 Amano shrimp in it and use 'Seachem Flourish' ferts. This does not effect them what so ever =)

Basefrog said:
Love this! Deffo following mate! Just ordered 10 RCS for my 6g tank ;)

I already have 3 Amano shrimp in it and use 'Seachem Flourish' ferts. This does not effect them what so ever =)

Awesome thanks for following along! Glad to have ya!:D once you get them, your going to wish you had more! Haha so you use excel? And it dosemt harm your shrimp?

Awesome thanks for following along! Glad to have ya!:D once you get them, your going to wish you had more! Haha so you use excel? And it dosemt harm your shrimp?

Haha.. Well I was hoping that they would breed over time anyway =P

And no i don't use Excel.. I just use normal Flourish. I have a DIY CO2 system so don't really need the carbon within the Excel. Though keep us imformed as to how you get on with Excel, and if your shrimp are fine I might upgrade to it after my Flourish has run out =D

I was thinking about getting some snails but I had some in my large tank and they laid eggs EVERYWHERE! So I just can't be bothered with them >.<

Basefrog said:
Haha.. Well I was hoping that they would breed over time anyway =P

And no i don't use Excel.. I just use normal Flourish. I have a DIY CO2 system so don't really need the carbon within the Excel. Though keep us imformed as to how you get on with Excel, and if your shrimp are fine I might upgrade to it after my Flourish has run out =D

I was thinking about getting some snails but I had some in my large tank and they laid eggs EVERYWHERE! So I just can't be bothered with them >.<

Yeah that's true!:D

Oh ok, I thought you ment excel lol I will definitely keep you guys updated!

I just found out that the "MTS" isn't one, it's actually a rabbit snail! I'm already attached to it! Lol

Just dosed half a ML( half the daily dose) to my Anubias that Is the worst. Hopefully it will turn pink and die!! I also wanted to start off small because I dont know how my inverts would react to it. Hopefully all goes well!:D I'm watching a shrimp graze on the spot that I just dosed..... I hope he dosent die!

Basefrog said:
Should be ok tbh =)

Yeah 0.5ml seems like nothing and I dose once a week.. It's crazy!

Yeah lol I'm sure it's super concentrated though. I'm sure your fluval edge is doing great with the excel!;) haha

Basefrog said:
I'm not using Excel >.<

I do like the variety of plants that you have! =D

Oh, sorry I ment flourish! Lol thanks but this was my first planted tank, and I kinda just threw in whatever I could find>.< haha but thanks:D

I started to dose excel, and the plants I sprayed are doing better. Te algea is turning pink so I guess that's good. I have figured out that I have to stop using CO2 and downgrade lighting until I get the problem solved. This weekend I will ask my LFS to hold my shrimp and other inverts for the weekend. Then I will empty most the water out of the tank, and spray excel ALL over the tank. Then I will fill back up and let it sit for about a day or so. I hope I don't lose too much BB:/

Other than that my tank is doing really well. One law plant leaf has almost tripled in size in 4 days so that's good. My ludwigia is growing super fast too:) I saw another baby RCS tonight. Not sure where they are coming from, or I'm seeing the same one over and over again lol. Still, none of my shrimp are berried or saddled yet:( hopefully within the next 2 weeks I will see them breeding.

Ok, so as I was spot dosing excel today, I noticed my first pregnant RCS! Finally lol I also spoted three baby RCS. I have a absolutely no idea where they came from>.< haha but since I just saw three RCS babys, I cannot tear the tank apart this weekend. I know I will kill all the babys I have in there. Also, If shrimp are saddled, does their whole stomach turn like a yellow color? I havent been feeding and their stomach area is still yellow. However I haven't seen any male shrimp with the yellow stomach.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Awesome! Haha looks like those shrimp are breeding like crazy! Lol

I hope so! haha even though I've had them for a moth, this is the first berried shrimp I've ever seen lol

Back
Top Bottom