RCS/Planted Tank Blog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well this was unexpected, my rabbit snail was apparently preggers. I'm looking at her baby now. I know for sure it's not a MTS, the snails has a foot and a separate mouth. I'll try and get a picture.

View attachment 78969

View attachment 78970

Yo can see the baby in the middle, my nerite on the left and the baby's mom on the right:)

Just found 3 baby RCS, still no idea where they are comin from.....ive only seen one berried female, but she's at least a month away from giving birth. I'm pretty happy my CO2 isn't killing the babies off:) I'm starting to run alot more CO2 too.

Austin.b said:
Just found 3 baby RCS, still no idea where they are comin from.....ive only seen one berried female, but she's at least a month away from giving birth. I'm pretty happy my CO2 isn't killing the babies off:) I'm starting to run alot more CO2 too.

Very cool! Lol babies are popping outta thin air!

Ok, so taking a look into my tank today I realised that my only pregnant female dropped about 80% of her eggs onto the gravel:/ she still has some, but not to many. I still have no idea why she dropped them. I haven't messed with the tank at all, an there aren't any predators....... Oh well I suppose:) at least she still has some! I also discovered about 6 babies......don't know where they're from....as usual haha my java fern is spreading out and I think it's time to separate it. Oh, I think I'm going to go get some more males for my tank. I realised that about 80% of all my females are saddled. So thats a good sign:)

View attachment 79889

^the yellow is the eggs:(

View attachment 79890

^some chili Rasboras

View attachment 79892

^my java fern sprouting out :)

View attachment 79893

^my favourite, water sprite:D

View attachment 79894

Austin.b said:
Ok, so taking a look into my tank today I realised that my only pregnant female dropped about 80% of her eggs onto the gravel:/ she still has some, but not to many. I still have no idea why she dropped them. I haven't messed with the tank at all, an there aren't any predators....... Oh well I suppose:)

It's quite normal for new Shrimp moms to drop eggs. After they've carried eggs a few times they get much better at holding onto them. Plus as the female gets larger it's easier for her to hold more eggs.

I wish I had found this thread earlier, would have prevented me from dosing my amano shrimp into oblivion with excel

Coursair said:
It's quite normal for new Shrimp moms to drop eggs. After they've carried eggs a few times they get much better at holding onto them. Plus as the female gets larger it's easier for her to hold more eggs.

Oh really? I think I've read that someone lol. Ok, thats why then:) thanks!

Basefrog said:
What exactly is a water sprite? Is it a plant?

Yeah, it looks pretty awesome because it's bright green and you can clearly see RCS grazing on it. It's one of my favorites :)

manbeast said:
I wish I had found this thread earlier, would have prevented me from dosing my amano shrimp into oblivion with excel

Sorry to hear:( did you dose the max amount the first time? Or was it an accidental overdose?

Yeah, it looks pretty awesome because it's bright green and you can clearly see RCS grazing on it. It's one of my favorites :)

I see thanks =) I have come to really like Downoi! It was my least favorite plant in my tank. But now it has taken off I love it!

Basefrog said:
I see thanks =) I have come to really like Downoi! It was my least favorite plant in my tank. But now it has taken off I love it!

I shall look it up now!! Haha:)

Back
Top Bottom