Reading Aqua Pharm testing kits.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnyperP

Aquarium Advice Regular
Recently i've started playing with a small planted tank and some ferts. Just curious on how you're supposed to compare the test vial to the color charts. Do you place the vial directly on the chart or do you hold it alittle above it? Just wonderind how you're supposed to properly do it. Thanks in advance!

I hold mine about an inch or so in front of the white part of the color chart, and then match the color from there.

Thanks for the response. I figured it was above, since laying directly on it was way to dark.

SnyperP said:
Thanks for the response. I figured it was above, since laying directly on it was way to dark.

I was doing the same thing for a while, but have come to believe it was wrong. But then, their instructions say, if you're having a hard time, put the vial on the card and, when standing directly under a light, look down throught the vial. But then its WAY too dark...

I was hoping someone else would respond...

I seem to be having a hard time reading the AP test kits. Some nights it seems obvious, others I hem and haw over what color it is cuz none of them seem right....

Any help out there??? I'm about ready to buy an expensive set...but can't really afford it this time of the year, if you know what I mean!!!

I'm just holding them about an inch off of the chart. It gives it some light in the back. Heh i hope that's the proper way to read them..if not my water is in some serious trouble =p

Yeah, that's how I've been doing it. But then, read the instructions where it says you can look down through the tube...that would give an entirely different reading!!! 8O

I hold the card at about a 45 degree agle under the light and hold the tube flat against the white part of the card. I then have the length of the tube to compare to all the color chips simultaneously. This is the easiest way for me, especially for pH which is kind of hard to read in the first place.

ahhh..there's the rub.

PH is the only one I consistently have a problem reading. Interesting. Any reason why? Any any solutions??? Anyone??

Back
Top Bottom