Really silly question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OOOh! I love silly questions...lol :D

I usually name my 'bigger' fish. I guess I am under the impression that they are hardier and will live longer, and I won't have to say goodbye to 'Sam' or 'Bob' so quickly.

I had a red devil named Martha (after the notorious Martha Stewart---because she used to rearrange all the gravel in the bottom of her tank). I named my Betta Jay London (after the comic ---because when I got him his tail was sort of disheveled and he seemed to be a very gentle fish).

Well, I have embarrassed myself enough. :oops: Someone else's turn!

Occasionally.. I have trouble telling two of my golds apart, not to mention the danios, and if I were to name everything I'd run out of names.

There have been a few who have obtained names..

A friend of mine practices Reiki and wanted to do it on my sick starfish, but needed a name to give him identity. He was named Orion. Unfortunately, by the time she got a chance, it was too late.

My DP has been named Captain Kugel by my roommate.

My Firefish has been named "Mr. Sanders the seizure fish" because the first night he pushed some sand away from the base of one of my pieces of LR to create a large enough bolt hole for himself, and it reminded me of the name on Winnie the Pooh's house; seizure fish because well.. he's twitchy.

My roommate calls the Yellow Tang "Tangtastic".

Several years ago I had a crowntail Betta which I adored. I went on vacation for a couple weeks, and came back to find that those I had asked to watch him had replaced him.. unless he suddenly traded in his crown tail for a veil one. :roll: I considered myself fairly tolerant of the situation, and dubbed the new one "The Lazarus Fish". These people no longer take care of my fish.. I can understand if one dies, but please tell me if it does.. or if it looks sick.. or at this point, just call to tell me it's ok. :|

I think that's about it.. We are considering names for the serpent star though, since he's learned to be fed by hand :D

I name mine daily!! usually something like " hey you @#$% stop chasing...." :lol: honestly i let them name themselves, i watch them alot and they give me thier name by personallity

I have too many to name, but my girlfriend has named her goldfish... One is "Goldy" and the other is "buggin"

Joe

BTW, I haven't named mine, but I've been tempted to. I'm thinking that no fish receives a name unless it's been around a few months first. :|

I let my 4 and 5 year old daughters name the fish, here they are:
Pineapple, Ice Cream, Stripey, Sunset, Midnight, Vanilla, Mr. Whiskers, Spot, Joey, Nicky...by the way Stripey covers all seven Zebra Danios

my girlfriend made a tank out of an old apple computer... the fish in it were named Mac and Tosh

recently we got a few cichlids... and we have one that is under an inch long.. her name is Lil Blue... and of course my pleco's name is PC... (im a mac user)...i figured "hmm..whats a good name for something that sucks all day and all night?" of course... a PC... cuz Microsoft didnt fit well for a fish name... so PC it is :twisted:

my girlfriend made a tank out of an old apple computer...

That's about the first thing someone has done with a Mac that sounds productive to me... :roll: :wink:

Joe :lol:

That's not a silly question at all - but one that I get all the time, "Why don't you name your fish?" and I do have one fish that I did name, Leopold the dwarf gourami, because my husband took a digital pic of him and insisted I make up some name so he could use it for the file name, so I said "Leopold" and it stuck. Otherwise, none of the fish have names, except in my African tank the peacock's are numbered #1, #2 and #3.

usually no, but if i find one that tends to exhibit some great personality then maybe, i havent named one for a long time last one was athena, a purple tang, that was years ago

I have only maned a few. I have a pair of angels that are Fred and Ethyl and a albino oscar called Admiral Akbar.

I got Pacman(yellow gobie)
King (Blue tux urchin)
squishy (clown)
Toro(lawnmorer Blenny)
Hoover(speeper head gobie)
and 3 un-named blue chromis
and 2 un-named bar gobies
Ohh Jocke the cleaner shrinp and
Tubro my nail...

I tend to name as many as possible, kinda hard to name a school of 16 neons but in Oscar tank my Oscars are Bonnie and Clyde and the pleco Is named Slick. In my guppy tank I have a pleco named Hoover I also have 2 huge Mollies named Rosanne and Dan, 2 swordtails named Al and Peg :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom