Red algae cleanup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have MTO reef tanks. I have controlled the red algae in them but have the red algae underneath the sand which I want to clean out but don't want to filter the sand. Last time I did that, the nitrates spiked. Is there a particular gobie that does that well or what do you suggest? And how many do I need for each tank? I want something for my 29 and 75 gallon reef tank.

image-36555236.jpg

just a thought . what about sift the sand then do a 30% water change might keep it down thenjust every couple of nights a week just give it a little sift

Well I got the new growth under control but not sure what I need to get to clean the sand up. It's ugly.

run your fingers through it . and if it on the glass use a razor blade

dlsrks said:
Have MTO reef tanks. I have controlled the red algae in them but have the red algae underneath the sand which I want to clean out but don't want to filter the sand. Last time I did that, the nitrates spiked. Is there a particular gobie that does that well or what do you suggest? And how many do I need for each tank? I want something for my 29 and 75 gallon reef tank.

Nass snails they do well in stirring sand i had about 30 in my 55g

Back
Top Bottom