Red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foliveira323

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 5.5 gallon plant tank with about 12 shrimp and two tiny fish that get along with my shrimp .. I am upgrading the tank to a ten gallon now with better lighting for more growth...

My question is the two tiny fish have had baby fish and my tiny snails seem to multiply like crazy but my RCS have yet to do anything.. Any ideas on what I can do differently moving them into the bigger tank??

Thank you....

Just be patient. As long as they are happy and healthy it just takes time. You should start seeing saddled females at some point, and within a month of that you should see some carrying eggs. If you bought them young, which most sellers sell, then it may take a few months for them to get mature enough to breed.

Cool I have had them for 5 months already.... Will the move to the bigger tank help... Also as far as the snails will they bother the RCS if they do have young?????

Foliveira323 said:
Cool I have had them for 5 months already.... Will the move to the bigger tank help... Also as far as the snails will they bother the RCS if they do have young?????

No the tank size is fine,it's just a waiting game,ad for the snails they will be fine with the baby rcs , I have about 50 in a 5 and they just keep berating now

Cool now a weird question is it possible to mix them with other shrimp like bumble bees or fire shrimp or bamboo shrimp or not a good idea...

jetajockey said:
I've never had a problem between snails and shrimp. Bigger tanks are always better. Have you seen any saddled or with eggs yet?

Not yet I have been checking them to make sure...

jetajockey said:
You can mix them with other shrimp in a different genus if you don't want them to interbreed. Crystal or tiger shrimp won't interbreed with rcs

What kind will interbreed with RCS ?????

aqua_chem said:
Two smaller fish? It's possible that they're eating any shrimplets that you may get.

I been watching them too they actually seem to be afraid of the RCS ... Lol

jetajockey said:
Any shrimp that are in the neocaridina genus can likely interbreed with them.

Awesome good to know.... Even though the fish don't seem to bother the shrimp should I remove them completely???? My other question is there any fish that actually coexist with the RCS ?????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom