Red Slime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southpaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I had a red slime breakout in my biocube reef tank this morning. What is the best solution to this? I heard cerith snails may even eat it? I plan to set up my fuge once I can finally get my hands on chaeto hope that will help it from occurring again.

Here is a shot of the culprit. I at first dismissed it as diatoms, but read more into it. Oh the woes of being new to reef keeping

Attachments

• image-301278835.jpg
    image-301278835.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 73
I'm sure that's cynao had that in my tank and put a powder in it called red slime away and that cleared it out. Was told it was from over feeding and infrequent water changes

I'm sure that's cynao had that in my tank and put a powder in it called red slime away and that cleared it out. Was told it was from over feeding and infrequent water changes

all that does is gets rid of the of what you see, it does nothing for the underling cause. Suck out what you can, increase flow and cut back on feedings and of core water changes. Once slime away or what ever it is called breaks down, you will back the the same problem, you have to fix the cause

Back
Top Bottom