Red Tail Shark Ill: What's Wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boilerwxman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First here is my tank - 75 gallon African Cichlid Tank, temperature 77.5 degrees. Nitrite, Ammonia = 0/ Nitrate = 20 ppm/ pH = 8.3

Species:
4 Electric Yellow Lab (Labidochromis caeruleu)
2 Ruby Red Peacocks (Aulonocara) (Male/Female)
1 German Red (Aulonocara)
1 Electric Blue (Sciaenochromis ahli)
1 red tail shark
1 Bristle Nose pleco
2 (Pseudotropheus) demasoni

I have had this tank running for over a month. I have had my fish for 2 weeks. The fish I am having concern about is my Red Tail Shark. When I first got him and for about a week he looked healthy active in the last 5 days he has seemed more lethargic, hiding and 2 days ago I though his mouth was more "swollen" and white. Today his mouth looks swollen but instead of white it is pink. I have a 5 gallon tank that I had a betta in, I moved the betta to a smaller tank and put the RTS in there to isolate him. The levels on that tank are 0 for Nitrite, Ammonia and 10 for Nitrate (10 is what comes out of my sink) pH = 8.3

I am attaching photos. But his mouth looks swollen and pink and his color is faded. Hi swimming the last few days was lethargic and more drifting then hiding in the rocks I have set up for my cichlids.

Getting ready to go on a week trip. My mother-in-law who has had fish tanks will be taking care of my kids and fish while I am gone. I'd like to treat him as soon as I can.

Attachments

• Shark01.JPG
    Shark01.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Shark02.JPG
    Shark02.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 85
  • Shark03.JPG
    Shark03.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 88
UPDATE: After putting aquarium salt in our 5 gallon quarantine tank I got up this morning and our Red Tail Shark mouth looks less swollen. I can actually see him move his mouth. Swimming is a little stronger. Not sure what is wrong, so any input would be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom