Redoing dart frog setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice selection. Waiting for pictures. What's the new frog.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

Sorry ill post pics as soon as I'm back from work! I got another dendrobates tinctorius "Brazilian yellow head"
And man is she tiny!

Some frog shots! The third one is the new little (hopefully) gal
PqaFN1N.jpg
SKYgjl5.jpg
[/IMG]
VlIXmTi.jpg

Well I haven't seen her eat yet so that's worrying me a bit but it's to be expected. Plenty of flies in the tank for them. Plants should be coming Wednesday hopefully

That is so cool! I've never kept frogs before. With a poisonous dart frog, how do you handle it? And won't the poison rub off on the glass when it needs to be worked with? I've read that a tiny bit if it can kill somewhere between 5 and 20 grown men! Now, mind you, this was a while ago, and I know nothing about frogs.

They don't contain any toxins in captivity. The get their toxicity from the prey they eat in the wild so they're not dangerous. I don't ever handle mine unless I have to move them though as it stresses them really bad.

I don't think so as the ants use formic acid in their bites. But who knows, is rather not risk my frogs to a bite though lol

Nice looking colors. Is she eating yet. Did you get your plants today.

Nope they come tomorrow and I haven't seen her eat but she appeared to be hunting when I got home from class. So I'm hoping lol

Got my plants today! Here's some updated shots
FTS
jq2gbUe.jpg
[/IMG]
LOvstAH.jpg
ujmIhXu.jpg
[/IMG]
Wandering Jew
YO4pWSg.jpg

Baby tears
Ss2UfPc.jpg
[/IMG]

Sweet. How do you have the bromiliads planted. I like baby tears, they make good ground cover.

I have one rubber banded to driftwood an the other stuck in the background. Yeah I can't wait for the baby tears to grow out

Nothing to update really. Frogs are doing great and the plants are growing!

Just an update! Plants and frogs are doing phenomenal! Wandering jew and baby tears are spreading and I picked up some riccia fluitans today to cover the wood

Awesome setup. I've love frogs and terrarium. If I could I would start a poison dart frog or a red eye tree frog setup. Would love to see a plant pic update

Ill post a pic when I get home :). The comparison from 2 months ago is crazy

Sorry I got really busy today and yesterday! Here's an updated fts
LG9lHfy.jpg

And the frogs are friends!
W5JdMPy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom