Redoing dart frog setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't updated in a while. Incase anyone's still following lol. Frogs are doing wonderfully and the plants are getting to trimmable status. And my brom flowered :).

Haha, yeah been there. Seem like I can grow any harder plant of I try but my java fern is like nope I don't think so. Not gonna grow

Got a viv too huh? That's pretty cool, I've been toying with the idea of trying something like this for a couple years. Is it more work than your reef?

Yeah what can I say I'm a reptile and amphibian guy too :). Been keeping them much longer than fish. Um the viv is easy, the plants just grow with daily misting. It's the frogs that are more work than my reef

Yeah what can I say I'm a reptile and amphibian guy too :). Been keeping them much longer than fish. Um the viv is easy, the plants just grow with daily misting. It's the frogs that are more work than my reef

Care to elaborate?

On which part? The frogs? Um I have to culture fruit flies which is much better than crickets but every month I make a new culture and transfer the flies. I feed the frogs daily close to 50-60 flies dusted in powder. I clean algae off the glass like a fish tank lol. I also trim the plants monthly

Yeah the frogs, don't know if I could get away with growing fruit flys though, fiancé may put the kibosh on that :p. I'm getting the itch to try something new though, and an empty 29 laying around. Any suggestions to do a little research on?

Um crested geckos are awesome! If you wanna go a little more exotic milky or red eye tree frogs are awesome too

Call me crazy but when i cook up my fly food it smells like cinnamon cookies. And the cultures don't smell bad either. After a couple weeks its not as pleasing though. Now crickets on the other hand are not allowed inside with that stink.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

Call me crazy but when i cook up my fly food it smells like cinnamon cookies. And the cultures don't smell bad either. After a couple weeks its not as pleasing though. Now crickets on the other hand are not allowed inside with that stink.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

Oh I completely agree! I hate crickets, they're gross.
Bigred: just whatever you decide on go to a reptile show to buy it. I never buy herps from pet stores as I like to know who bred them and such

How's this bad boy coming along? See you changed your picture to a frog so I'm assuming you got some new pics :D

Alien frog
gIiofDs.jpg

Frands!
GlbgBzJ.jpg

That's it ill get a full tank shot after the weekend as I'm away

Those are so cool looking, I'll have to show them to the "boss" and see if she reconsiders, cause she had a slight problem with the flys :p

I love them both! They're very cool little frogs. Very active and funny to watch. And the flies are not bad at all!

Awesome! Both are super fat and growing steadily :). Here's a fts and a shot of the frogs.
JmQm648.jpg
3sxaX0y.jpg

Will be getting a bunch more plants this week too, just don't know exactly which though

Back
Top Bottom