redsea's 29g BioCube Build #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice to hear everything is going well. Sometimes no news is good news. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you add to the mix!

Me too, I am not sure yet what I am going to add, but I will soon. :) It will be nice to have more activity going on in this tank. One of my not so local LFS has 75 gallon tanks on sale, and I have been toying with the idea as a fall project.:) I have been thinking about that for months, and am hoping it can become a reality! I don't think I want to go as big as 125g at the moment, and I really like the footprint of a 75g, along with the fish choices that are opened up with that size. Plus I would still keep this 29g going too! :)

Hi everyone! I purchased a new pump to make water changes easier! I have used it once already, and it works pretty well. I am using it to take water out and pump water in. The only problem is that the pump is a little too weak to push the water into the tank, so I stand at the other end with a pitcher to help it. It isn't too bad since I am just doing water changes for a 29g. As of now I still have the same stock of a Black Ice Clownfish along with the Purple Firefish, soon they will have more friends though. Any suggestions? :D

Looks deep enough to me. :) As long as there is enough sand to make a burrow it will be fine. he just needs a hole large enough for him

Okay! I am SERIOUS about the new fishes next weekend! I've been working on the tank and am fixing the setbacks! :) Good news!

In other news, I still have my Firefish and Clown! I got the Firefish on April 6, and I purchased the Clown a few days after Christmas. :) He is coming up on his one year anniversary soon! I am still not sure what I want to get next weekend. At some point I would like to get a friend for my Clown, but I am not sure if I should do that towards the end of my stocking. :) Sometimes my current Clownfish can be a little annoying to my Firefish, so I am wondering if another Clown would help to distract my current Clown? Or would the two likely build up an "alliance" again the Firefish? I know, a bit of a silly question! :lol:

Thanks for reading! :)

Never a silly question! lol

I know every set of clowns I have had are oblivious to every other fish in the tank usually. It's like they are alone in their tanks. lol

But I feel your pain on whether they will gang up. My first thought would be no, but every fish, as you know, has their own personality. How many more fish were you planning on getting and which ones? You might have the same issue with any fish so the other clown might not be such a bad idea,

Never a silly question! lol

I know every set of clowns I have had are oblivious to every other fish in the tank usually. It's like they are alone in their tanks. lol

But I feel your pain on whether they will gang up. My first thought would be no, but every fish, as you know, has their own personality. How many more fish were you planning on getting and which ones? You might have the same issue with any fish so the other clown might not be such a bad idea,

Sounds good, I think I will get home a mate this weekend. Actually, my current one should be a "she" I think. After all my fish are added, I was thinking around 5. :) The only other tough question at this point is making sure my Clown is Ocellaris? She looks like one, correct? I was thinking of a Black and White which are usually Ocellaris in my experience. :) Thanks!

As long as there isnt "more" black in the lines of your current one, which might indicate its a perc you should be fine. The only b&w's i have seen advertised as percs are on aquacon and they say they come from australia. lol So a regular b&w should work. Just make sure it's smaller or significantly larger. But I think you know all that already. lol
How about a photo of your guys?

Thanks so much! Here are new pictures of the two, not very good photos, lol. I swear he is an Ocellaris. :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412735990.350407.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412735999.660448.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Aww I forgot how cute and pretty your clown was. lol

Yeah, I'd say it's an oscellaris so you should be fine. :)

I got my black and white clown fish today! :) He looks great, but of course he and my other clown fish are fighting. I know it is fairy normal, but it's still a little scary. Unfortunately, the one I purchased is not that much smaller than my other... :(

I'll post some pictures or a video later!

Hopefully they stop bickering soon. lol But you know what to expect so you are ahead of the game. Just give them a few days and maybe they will come to some sort of agreement with each other. LOL

Looking forward to seeing the new little guy!

Hi Carey! Thanks so much for the encouragement, it means a lot. All the lights are off now, and they seem to be doing okay at the moment. They aren't really near each other, but hopefully they are just slowly warming up to one another. I am so excited! Thanks for following!

Here is the best picture I could get with the lights off....lol.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413167421.813011.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

so cute! I just love looking at clowns, they are so adorable! Looks like you got a good pair going, the new one looks to be just a tad smaller than the first one so you should be ok. :)

Back
Top Bottom