redsea's 29g BioCube Build #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the Gen2 control as well. This just came out not too long ago & what i meant by dual control. You can now sync/time each wave maker. Look at the pic and you will see the web page addy..Next group buy im getting a few more & new control.

I have some sad news to report. :( I lost my Cleaner Shrimp, and ran into another problem when I went to remove him. I went to put my hand in the water and felt a shock, and I have no idea what is causing this. I know that stray electricity in water is a big issue, and am not sure what steps to take. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

You are going to have to unplug things one at a time then check if the water still shocks you . When you do not get a shock whatever you unplugged needs to be replaced . When you do this make sure the heater is actually on . If it is not on when you do this test even if that is what failed you won't know it .good news is unless you have a grounding probe in the tank the fish won't be harmed .

Thanks! We also have one of those electrical current probe devices, so we tried that. The meter did not show anything, and it did not get a shock when touching the water. Like you were saying, however, the heater was not on at the time. The heater may very we'll be the culprit.

Hey all! :)

So I made a fairly modest change in the salinity a few days ago, but am not going all out yet since I am waiting for my refractometer to cooperate (I should be all set in a few days).

Mr. Clown is still 100% okay with absolutely no signs of ich, in fact, he hasn't showed any signs since those few days a while back. Of course this makes me want to believe that it was something else, but I know that is largely unlikely. :( So, I will wait for the refractometer, and then drop it all the way down to the hypo zone......

Alrighty! Here is the goal....this weekend I want to have my salinity down to hypo range. Whether there is ich or not, this will be a good "safety-net." :) From here on, new adds shall be quarantined, I DO NOT want to go through this again! It's been a bit busy the past few months, but that is my goal.

The Clown is still doing great, happy as ever.

Thanks so much for reading!

Me too! He must be a little lonesome though, LOL.

He wiggles around the tank all day like Clowns do. :)

I miss having little clowns. lol My b&w's just hover in their corner and dont do much. The single one in the 90g is the same way, he hangs out all the time between the left wall and the overflow. Silly fishies

Yes, indeed! Guess what? I was actually able to get that salinity solution! Now I can fix up that refractometer for hypo.

How is your serpent star doing today? My old friend's father had a species of serpent, it was SO COOL to watch when it ate. It would stick it's arms up, and curl them around the food. :)

I had a striped one but it lost its legs within a day of going in the tank. :-( I went back tot he store for more goodies and told the guy and he gave me a free red one, which is very cool.
Havent had a chance to feed him yet, he just puts out a leg here and there. BUT the serpent in the 180g came out today and I got to feed him pellets. He had each leg rolled over a pellet and was jamming them into his mouth, it was quite amusing, he couldnt eat them fast enough. lol I know he eats but never saw him eat that much at once.
You should consider one for the cube, for starfish they are in my opinion one of the hardiest ones and easy to keep too. Not to mention the fun it is to feed them.

Hi everyone. :)

Here is what I have been thinking about over the past few days:

Recently, I read a thread debating "sterile" systems and systems where the fish can thrive with a disease present (like ich) due to their immune system being built up. I did chat with Greg about the topic, and am pretty sure I am going to try it out. My Clown has been doing fantastically since he lost the ich about a month and a half ago, and I am thinking I should be able to continue with a healthy environment as long as I am diligent when it comes to care. :) After dealing with ich a few times in this hobby, I have realized that it is so prevalent, and somewhat difficult to escape from (at least in my experience).

So those are the thoughts going on in redsea's fish world this past week! :lol: I love all the different roads that people take with this hobby; there sure are a lot of options.

Thanks a bunch for tagging along, and Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

Hey Red, hope you had a safe and happy st patricks! :)

I think i will have to agree with your intention to go about not actively treating the clown. He showed ich what, for two days when you first got him and then nothing since. I know how diligent you are with tank maintenance and I am sure the clown will continue to thrive under your care.

We all take different roads to many things but hopefully we all get to where we want to go in the end. lol How philosophical huh?

But here's hoping the clown does well and you can continue to stock your tank, looking forward to seeing this setup to start really showing some life. :)

Hey Red, hope you had a safe and happy st patricks! :)

I think i will have to agree with your intention to go about not actively treating the clown. He showed ich what, for two days when you first got him and then nothing since. I know how diligent you are with tank maintenance and I am sure the clown will continue to thrive under your care.

We all take different roads to many things but hopefully we all get to where we want to go in the end. lol How philosophical huh?

But here's hoping the clown does well and you can continue to stock your tank, looking forward to seeing this setup to start really showing some life. :)

I hope your day was good too! For me, I had school, and I then visited my grandmother/aunt and went to eat. :)

I am excited to see how this tank progresses too, lots of possibilities. This Clownfish has been a great addition, I am really enjoying him.

I bet you are glad to be back in FL! My other grandmother is down there for the winter, and am jealous of her weather.....I think I would be okay with a hot summer as long as winter isn't so bad, :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom