reefrunner69's 20L SPS nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This last pic doesn't really show much...but the look in the top down the side of the tank is pretty cool, LOL.

DSCN6216.jpg

OK, I was fragging a few corals yesterday and while I was doing it, it was like I was a bull in a china shop. I ended up breakin a branch off my purple monti which I wasn't even gonna frag. Well, the person receiving the frags was already concerned if they would have enough room for what I was sending them, so I ended up taking the frag to the LFS today. I also took my clam back, it was never happy unless it was pressed up sideways along the front glass. Here are a couple things I got for them...

Choclate brown acro with bright green polyps, bery cool coral.

DSCN6246.jpg

I also found another clam I liked, it's a different species (a little easier and tolerant of flow and lighting) so maybe this one can get happy...

Tridacna maxima

DSCN6243.jpg

LOL, it's way my tank. She hasn't had anything but a passing interest in fish tanks since we got a computer and got online. She's an internet junkie (me too I guess), and doesn't bother with them anymore.

Installed an auto top off system this weekend.

This shows the float switch (housed in pvc) and the top off return.

DSCN6250.jpg

Because I am terrified that the resevoir will leak, I use two, one stacked inside the other, gives the sides a little more support and if it leaks it should leak into the bottom one ;)

DSCN6255.jpg

The way it works is the float lowers as the water level lowers in the sump/fuge and once it's lowered enough, it triggers the relay which provides power to a pump in the kalk resevoir. the pump fills the sump/fuge with kalk until the float rises and disconnects the contact. With the small surface area of my HOB sump/fuge, it cycles about every 3-5 minutes. Every 3-5 minutes the sump gets a small spash of kalk. Because of the proximity of the resevoir return and the float switch (and the small surface area) waves are a problem. I'm getting a PVC cap to put on the bottom of the float switch housing and I'm gonna drill holes in the bottom of it, this should effectively remove the wave aspect.

BTW, I purchased my float switch from www.autotopoff.com

Very Nice Kevin.. Looks Great... I have been debating the Floatswitch aspect but havent decided as of yet LOL..

James

I didn't see your bully of a Flame Angel on your inhabitants list. Does he (she) have a new home?

I didn't see your bully of a Flame Angel on your inhabitants list. Does he (she) have a new home?

I've never had a Flame Angel (C. loriculus) in this tank, if your referring to the Flameback Angel (C. acanthops) I had...yeah, she started nipping corals about 3 weeks after I put her in the reef, once she started nipping...she was in there approx, 2 hours before she was removed and taken to the LFS.

I believe you are referring to his Hawk that he had.. I believe if I remember right He went carpet surfing. I may be wrong though..

James

Back
Top Bottom