Rescue Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think that includes a stand so you have to either have one or be able to afford one

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
The $1/gal sales at Petco don't. Or lids.

They also cap out at 55 gal, so you'll have to shell out a good amount more for a 90

Go back and beat that guy with the empty bucket.. what's wrong with people?? Looks much better amongst the clean, temperate water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good job rescuing him! Such a happy ending for Henry ?

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

You should post an ad on your local craigslist with Henry's story. See if anyone has a tank lying around that they will give you or at least very cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You should post an ad on your local craigslist with Henry's story. See if anyone has a tank lying around that they will give you or at least very cheap.

Great idea.

If all goes well..I'll be picking up a used 60 gallon acrylic aquarium in the morning..I'll hopefully spend my Saturday morning cleaning it and starting a cycle

Sent from my LGMS345 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If all goes well..I'll be picking up a used 60 gallon acrylic aquarium in the morning..I'll hopefully spend my Saturday morning cleaning it and starting a cycle

Craigslist worked out?

I used to have an Oscar named Walter. I rehomed him when he got too big for my tank and a bigger tank wasn't an option for me. His favorite food was garden snails. When he got hungry he would knock the top of the tank off. Very cool fish with so much personality. 20+ years ago and I still smile when I think about his silly face.

Last edited:
Yes it worked out! 60 gallon acrylic aquarium and stand $40

Attachments

• 1473563451026.jpg
    1473563451026.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 76
That is awesome.

Do you need bacteria to speed up your cycle? If you do then message me your address and I will mail you some of my sponges Monday to speed up the cycle.

Last edited:
Booom!! If you need some decent filtration for a good price, sunsun on amazon work great for me. Have the big one on my overstocked 75 and it keeps the water crystal clear. Are you going to keep your tank bare bottom?

That is awesome.

Do you need bacteria to speed up your cycle? If you do then message me your address and I will mail you some of my sponges Monday to speed up the cycle.

Thank you very much..I actually have a few mesh bags with ceramic cylinders for the cycle but much appreciated

Booom!! If you need some decent filtration for a good price, sunsun on amazon work great for me. Have the big one on my overstocked 75 and it keeps the water crystal clear. Are you going to keep your tank bare bottom?

I'm running 2 whisper 40-60s I had laying around..I'll upgrade to a canister filter soon ..I love the look of pea sized river stones I'm thinking of those

Something that can be easily vacuumed, an inch of that would be OK, than again.. May have read Oscar's have issues eating gravel that size?? Bb is really the best imo. Easy to clean and maintain pristine water quality.

He's in 2 inches of it now and other than gathering the occasional mouthful and spitting it at the glass he doesn't really mess with it too much

Back
Top Bottom