Restock - Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfishkid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I'm re-stocking my 22 gal. freshwater on Saturday and I was wondering what some good additions would be. Currently I have:
- 1 Dalmatian Lyretail Molly (pregnant)
- 5 Cherry Barbs
- 2 Julii Corydoras
- 1 Male Dwarf Gourami

I know my CB school is small, there was an...epidemic in the tank. I'm open to any and all suggestions :)

By re stocking, do you mean a completely redo? Or just adding or perhaps taking away some? Right now, I think that you are close to being stocked. Around 85%. I would just add 3 more cories. But that molly is the equivalent to at least 3 barbs, they have a really high bioload (basically, they poop a lot :) ). So if I were you I would find a way to get rid of the molly (because you definitely can't have more of them). If you get rid of the molly you can have 3 more cories and 2 more barbs, easily.

By re stocking, do you mean a completely redo? Or just adding or perhaps taking away some? Right now, I think that you are close to being stocked. Around 85%. I would just add 3 more cories. But that molly is the equivalent to at least 3 barbs, they have a really high bioload (basically, they poop a lot :) ). So if I were you I would find a way to get rid of the molly (because you definitely can't have more of them). If you get rid of the molly you can have 3 more cories and 2 more barbs, easily.

Just adding more, and I can't get rid of the molly. She's expecting fry and I've had her too long for my LFS to take her back. So since I can't give her back what can I add? Am I only able to add more cories or barbs?

Just adding more, and I can't get rid of the molly. She's expecting fry and I've had her too long for my LFS to take her back. So since I can't give her back what can I add? Am I only able to add more cories or barbs?

Okay, well don't add anything yet unless you have a place to put the fry because you'll have way too many of those! :lol:

But yeah, I would just add 2 cories and end it there, maybe 2 cories and one or two barbs if you are willing to do extra water changes.

By the way, what filter(s) do you have?

Back
Top Bottom