Revervse sunset monti losing color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ronin77 said:
It's new to my tank, all other corals are looking good still.

More info would help. Whats size tank? Whats your lighting, where is it placed in the tank? Any other sps in the tank? What are water parameters? Also what type / wattage lighting and placement was in upon purchase. A drastic lighting change is a probable cause.

54 corner tank with refugium. Running Beamswork 45 watt total Reefbright LEDs. TEC neon green birdsnest, two types of palys, mushroom and OA blue velvet monti. Have not been able to get all water parameters. I placed it mid level like the other monti. Full light mid to heavy current. Other one is happy, it came out of a tank with a 250 mh light, but was not under it really was way of to the side. At first I thought maybe I shocked it with my little bright lights. The polyps seem to come out more under the blues. Coral was healthy and looked good when I got it on last Saturday.

Ronin77 said:
54 corner tank with refugium. Running Beamswork 45 watt total Reefbright LEDs. TEC neon green birdsnest, two types of palys, mushroom and OA blue velvet monti. Have not been able to get all water parameters. I placed it mid level like the other monti. Full light mid to heavy current. Other one is happy, it came out of a tank with a 250 mh light, but was not under it really was way of to the side. At first I thought maybe I shocked it with my little bright lights. The polyps seem to come out more under the blues. Coral was healthy and looked good when I got it on last Saturday.

I would guess light shock. I would move the frag down or perhaps more blue light and less white if the polyps are responding better to that. Find where its comfortable and then slowly increase the lighting week by week. Or start it off on the sand bed and move it up a little each week etc. couple ways of doing it but i think you get the idea.

Thanks for the help I will try that next, I hope I don't lose it. Paid $40 for 1 1/2" x 2" piece my friend grows tons of corals and he's pretty fair about things.

Ronin77 said:
Thanks for the help I will try that next, I hope I don't lose it. Paid $40 for 1 1/2" x 2" piece my friend grows tons of corals and he's pretty fair about things.

Should recover if light acclimated properly and assuming everything else is fine. A pic would be cool if ya got one, not sure ive seen this monti.

I didn't get a pic when it looked happy, but their a neon green base with neon orange polyps, really pretty looking. If it does good and snaps out of it I was going to put the regular sunset monti by it so they could compliment each other, since it is neon orange base with neon green polyps. I thought it would look cool the contrasted between them.

Back
Top Bottom