RTC questions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have my RTC as everyone here knows and I'm trying to sell it problem is I don't want to sell it back to the LFS as hell just sell it to someone else with a tank it won't fit in! Now question is I live in northwest Indiana lots of people have ponds for they're houses but I need to know how deep does the pond need to be so it won't die during the winter?

I'm not exactly sure because I'm in Tennessee, when we rebuilt our pond we had to make it 4ft deep in the deepest part to keep the fish alive through the winter.

Use below chart as a guide for safekeeping koi during winter:
Above 50 F degrees: 3ft deep
40-50 F degrees: 3.5 ft deep
32-40 F degrees: 4.0 ft deep
20-32 F degrees: 4.5 ft deep
0-20 F degrees: 5 ft deep

So my sister has a huge ones that's share with like 30 other people in her community and it's illegal to take fish out of it so I think I'm going to let go there since it'll have a huge source for food and it'll be way deep enough to support it

So my sister has a huge ones that's share with like 30 other people in her community and it's illegal to take fish out of it so I think I'm going to let go there since it'll have a huge source for food and it'll be way deep enough to support it

You do realize that is against the law as releasing invasive species is a huge problem. Here is a brief list of some of the specimens they have caught.

DNR: Management of Aquatic Invasive Species in Indiana

The red tail cat fish isn't invasive though I'm still trying to see if someone with a private pond wants it but if i can't find anyone im going to have to release him somewhere or sell him back to the LFS and hope he gets the right sized tank for it

The red tail cat fish isn't invasive though I'm still trying to see if someone with a private pond wants it but if i can't find anyone im going to have to release him somewhere or sell him back to the LFS and hope he gets the right sized tank for it

Definition of invasive species:

An invasive species is a plant or animal that is not native to a specific location (an introduced species); which is believed to cause damage to the environment, human economy and/or human health.

It is an invasive species...

Definition of invasive species:

An invasive species is a plant or animal that is not native to a specific location (an introduced species); which is believed to cause damage to the environment, human economy and/or human health.

It is an invasive species...

+1 aquarium fish have no business in public waterways...ever...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom