Rummynose...Out!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have various lights on timers in my tank room to come on in sequence in the morning to gently ease the fish out of sleep, apparently the timers have slowly unsyncronised over the last year. This morning I walked out right as one of the brighter lights came on before the not so bright light.. boom! Tetra goes airborne.. lands on a conveniently placed towel , i scooped em up and back in the tank.. it seemed ok, a little washed out but swimming with the pack. Now I've had a few tetras go missing in the past.. funny thing is the little cat is usually sitting on the floor right in front of the tanks in the morning.. hmmm... i wonder if she actually catches them in her mouth:eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have various lights on timers in my tank room to come on in sequence in the morning to gently ease the fish out of sleep, apparently the timers have slowly unsyncronised over the last year. This morning I walked out right as one of the brighter lights came on before the not so bright light.. boom! Tetra goes airborne.. lands on a conveniently placed towel , i scooped em up and back in the tank.. it seemed ok, a little washed out but swimming with the pack. Now I've had a few tetras go missing in the past.. funny thing is the little cat is usually sitting on the floor right in front of the tanks in the morning.. hmmm... i wonder if she actually catches them in her mouth:eek:

Well that's makes for an interesting morning!

I once found a betta stuck to the wall :hide:

That's why I love the sunrise/sunset feature of my e-series! It's like a soothing spring wake up with birds chirping and the sun rising rather than an alarm jolting you from your peaceful sleep at 5:45 am...

That's good timing that you were there! I bet it was pretty exciting to see that little torpedo shoot out of the water... I think your right about kitty. Cats can tell time very well... Especially feeding time!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's why I love the sunrise/sunset feature of my e-series! It's like a soothing spring wake up with birds chirping and the sun rising rather than an alarm jolting you from your peaceful sleep at 5:45 am...

That's good timing that you were there! I bet it was pretty exciting to see that little torpedo shoot out of the water... I think your right about kitty. Cats can tell time very well... Especially feeding time!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had it set up pretty nice in there for a while.. 10 min of subtle light, little more light and lights on. I do really like the idea of a built in ramp timer.. maybe some day. It wasn't so much exciting as unexpected, saw the little.dude go from zero to airborne and i just kind of stood there half asleep like did that really just happen?? Kitty knows what time it is, I've caught her batting around escaped Shrimpies before. How fully she does not discover the correlation between sudden movement out side a dark tank and fish peacing out..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's awful and hilarious. You know the best reinforcement of any behavior is intermittent reward. One fish snack every so often ...

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom