Salty Noobs "Not So Nano" 29g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I'm just finding out, dead center of my tank is offset between two studs.. dam.. lol

Lol. Mine was too! I had to scoot my tank and stand over. Luckily i put a soft peice of carpet under mine and its on hardwood. To hang from ceiling you could do like i did mine. Chain is easier to work with than steel cable. I just like the clean look of the cable.

Well you could get some heavy duty fishing line and us it. Like that spider line.

ive thought of it trust me, lol i just dont really trust my fishermans knots too much lol :facepalm:

Lol. Mine was too! I had to scoot my tank and stand over. Luckily i put a soft peice of carpet under mine and its on hardwood. To hang from ceiling you could do like i did mine. Chain is easier to work with than steel cable. I just like the clean look of the cable.

i trust chain more but ****, its bulky looking, maybe some really heavy spider line will work idk im gonna amazon a book on knots lol :ROFLMAO:

**Update 12/7/2013**

Alright guys nothing too new with stock other than they're all hapy and healthy but i did find a local guy parting out a 90g so I picked up 2 duncans and 1 candy cane coral for $15 and they're in..!

Here's some pics guys, ill post other pics later when they acclimate some more and open up!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131207_113154.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131207_113154.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 59
  • ForumRunner_20131207_113216.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131207_113216.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 62
**Update 12/7/2013** Alright guys nothing too new with stock other than they're all hapy and healthy but i did find a local guy parting out a 90g so I picked up 2 duncans and 1 candy cane coral for $15 and they're in..! Here's some pics guys, ill post other pics later when they acclimate some more and open up!
Looking good man!

Thanks guys I'm actually saving up for some nice red and orange corals I think I have enough green and yellow lol any suggestions guys?

Thanks guys I'm actually saving up for some nice red and orange corals I think I have enough green and yellow lol any suggestions guys?

Red acans are a fav of mine. Sun corals are super orange but require heavy feeding, super cool but i cant keep one.

Both of my red acans are growing well. I spot feed twice a week. The sunburst is my personal fav. Heres a pic. It at least 6 new heads near the bottom.
img_2746200_0_57702b7ddb3a14816276ff556e74933c.jpg

It has huge heads compaired to my other acans. Ive had it 3 months. Here it was when i got it as a 4 head frag.
img_2746312_0_972f34acec12a8361de9f1aa504b8ed8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom