Sand question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krayzie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have looked everywhere possible within 60 mile radius and cannot find PFS. I was wondering, if anyone has any exp with black petco/petsmart sand. How is it compared to PFS. How will it be with my khuli loaches?

I think that sand you linked would be better than PFS for kuhlii's, IMO. PFS (at least the stuff I used) was a larger grain size. I didn't notice any tearing of the fins but I did when I had regular gravel and eco. After moving them to playsand tanks their fins look great and they love sifting through the sand.

I think that sand you linked would be better than PFS for kuhlii's, IMO. PFS (at least the stuff I used) was a larger grain size. I didn't notice any tearing of the fins but I did when I had regular gravel and eco. After moving them to playsand tanks their fins look great and they love sifting through the sand.
Ok, but I heard that it was glass, dont know how true that is. I guess On the bag, it warns about bottom dwelling fish.

I have both play sand and black diamond sand blasting sand and I love them both. But I would have to say that the black sand is my favorite. My pictus catfish love it. And I just love the look of the black sand. Just some cheap alternatives. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom