Sand vs rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so my Oscar has been going crazy the last few days which caused me to move my jack D out of his tank and into the cichlid tank. Now the Oscar is attacking my 2 common plecos. Can I move them too? Plecos do ok with African cichlids? If so I will probably move today. Also does having a pleco in the ac tank rule out sand?

I'm pretty sure you can still do sand with a pleco. My pleco does just fine in the sand side of my tank. Also what is the size difference in the Oscar an plecos?

Ok, so I made the switch to pfs. Not sure if I didn't rinse it long enough or what but the water is extremely cloudy right now. Hopefully my filters are up to the task but I have my doubts..lol. It's been 1 1/2 days since the change and it's just as cloudy now as it was an hour after the change. My pleco is loving it, he's throwing sand everywhere which may be adding to the cloudy issue.

It took my sand about 4-5 days to completely settle, it will clear up. Most pool filter sand is precleaned so if you rinsed it a few times it should be good. The pleco sounds like he loves your decision to go with sand ;) give it a few more days then check your water parameters for changes. You should be all good though :)

Ok things have cleared up, here's some after photos.. My thanks again to all those that commented :)

image-3526535808.jpg

Full tank shot

image-1581718464.jpg

Rock side

image-2337391970.jpg

Wood side

Back
Top Bottom