Sarah's 5 gallon pico reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seem pretty happy. A couple have molted. The tank is at 1.14, it would be done by now but I haven't had time to add any new saltwater in the last couple days.
On a side note, there's two mollies in there too, who also seem to be happy as clams. When my water is fully salt, will my tank be cycled since I had life in it from freshwater through the transition to salt?

Just ordered 8 pounds of rock from reefrocks.net. Anything leftover is going in my 28 gallon
So excited!
( my boyfriend says he's getting me a hunk of live rock instead of a diamond on my engagement ring.) :)

Grrr. I ordered my rocks last Sunday and I just got an email that the order had been initiated for pick up. Totally bummed, I thought I would get them today...

:squeals: got my rocks! I ordered 8 pounds , and my scale showed 10. Some of the pieces are huge for my 5 gallon, but I'm happy with the rock

Attachments

• image-1782793927.jpg
    image-1782793927.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 126
Reefrocks is definitely slow shipping, but the price and quality more than make up for it. I just got my sand from them today after ordering almost 3 weeks ago, but it is wonderful sand that didn't even require rinsing - and the rock I got last week is fantastic :).

What do you plan on keeping in the tank besides ghost shrimp?

I would save the smaller tiny pieces of rock for gluing frags to. You can also keep one of the larger rocks if it's too much and smash it up for frag rocks. Thats what i do anyways. :)

Yes, I have it in... But I didn't take a tank shot (I'm sorry!) I put three of the ghost shrimp in the 28 gallon, and they didn't make it, so the other three are going back to freshwater and being put in a different tank.
I have considered putting in a pistol shrimp/goby pair but I'm really not sure yet.
I ended up using one of the rocks I thought would be too big, and the other went in my 28 cause it still needs more rock.

WELL. Here's what's been going on. Basically I havent really worked on this tank at all. I've been gone for a week and had my sister giving the remaining Molly ( the male died for seemingly no reason) food every couple days. Well I just came back to find 6 babies in there with her. The tank is at 1.18 salinity

Back
Top Bottom