Saved goldfish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just checked the fishies and they are all gasping! Freaked out and started syphoning. Checked the water and got 1ppm ammonia and .50ppm nitrite! Found a huge chunk of food I must have missed behind a plant. Idk if it was the food or the antibiotic or both. 75% PWC later and they are happy swimming again. Heading out now so I will test again when I get home.

yikes! i would say it definitely did something to your biofilter... either that or this new food breaks down extremely fast...

Scouser said:
I always wake up to something new in this thread, makes me wanna become nocturnal so I don't miss a thing!!

Gratz on the new tank!

Lol! Thanks! Love getting new tanks. Hubby made me promise this is the last one. He said if I want any more I have to give one up first. The way I interpreted it was I can upgrade to bigger better tanks! Hahaha!

Mumma.of.two said:
Lol! Thanks! Love getting new tanks. Hubby made me promise this is the last one. He said if I want any more I have to give one up first. The way I interpreted it was I can upgrade to bigger better tanks! Hahaha!

Hahaha yep that's the way I see it too :D

Would be a surprise if he came home to a 150 gal tho!! :p

True! I guess each one of those bettas will have a 10-20 gallon home eventually;)

Watching it like a hawk! Going out to dinner with hubby now but will check when I get home. Got the new tank though! It's 100L so about 26g.

You consider putting one of your rescues in with Percy in the new tank or put 2 of your rescues in the new tank & add Percy & another goldie to your 40g....just a thought!

jlk said:
You consider putting one of your rescues in with Percy in the new tank or put 2 of your rescues in the new tank & add Percy & another goldie to your 40g....just a thought!

Great minds think alike! I was thinking about Percy and a new friend into the 26g while they are babies. Then when they get a bit larger move them to the 40g with the moor and move the two fantails to the 26g. OR divide up the tropical fish in my 70g between the 40g and 26g and move all the Goldies to the 70g. :)

Well, I haven't been home all day. Just finished a 50% PWC. Haven't tested yet. I pulled the backing off the new tank and found a small crack in the corner. The silicone holds it well. I trust it enough to hold water but not in the house. The new stand will hold the 40g perfectly so this week (hopefully) I'm going to move the 40 inside and have the 26 outside.

Back
Top Bottom