Saved goldfish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scouser said:
If I wasn't so hungover I'd attempt a high five, but I can't move :( lol

I have a dream that most are rt now... Three day weekends!!!

YES! glad to hear that they are eating it. It's good to know that they are going for it and this is a viable possibility! I am excited to hear about all the new tank possibilities too, let us know when you make up your mind.

skiweeangel said:
YES! glad to hear that they are eating it. It's good to know that they are going for it and this is a viable possibility! I am excited to hear about all the new tank possibilities too, let us know when you make up your mind.

I'm excited too! Still thinking about tank plans. I'm going to paint the stand because it's an awful blue color that disagrees with my eyes. :)

Okay... Ammonia 1-2ppm and nitrite .5-1ppm. So I'm still getting some conversion but I'd say I've managed to kill the majority of my BB. Doing a 70% PWC now then I'm going to feed them and do another PWC at lunch time.

Mumma.of.two said:
Okay... Ammonia 1-2ppm and nitrite .5-1ppm. So I'm still getting some conversion but I'd say I've managed to kill the majority of my BB. Doing a 70% PWC now then I'm going to feed them and do another PWC at lunch time.

Eeep that's a worry! Well if anyone can manage you can lol.

Hope all goes well with the changes, the BB should replenish itself soon, it's not like it's all gone :)

Scouser said:
Eeep that's a worry! Well if anyone can manage you can lol.

Hope all goes well with the changes, the BB should replenish itself soon, it's not like it's all gone :)

Thank goodness it's not all gone!
I think the food itself is most of the problem. It seems to make a huge mess of fine particles. I have a new plan! I'm going to clean out the 26 and set it up outside next to the 40. Move the white goldy over and treat in there. That way I can monitor how much food he is eating and protect the others from ammonia and nitrite spikes.

Mumma.of.two said:
Thank goodness it's not all gone!
I think the food itself is most of the problem. It seems to make a huge mess of fine particles. I have a new plan! I'm going to clean out the 26 and set it up outside next to the 40. Move the white goldy over and treat in there. That way I can monitor how much food he is eating and protect the others from ammonia and nitrite spikes.

Thats a good idea, that way you wont have to damage your BB any further:)

Gboy66 said:
Thats a good idea, that way you wont have to damage your BB any further:)

Yep! I'm not even going to bother with any seeded media in the 26 just a filter for circulation. It'll be one 2inch fish in 100L of water with 50% twice daily PWC so ammonia won't get very high at all (hopefully!).

Great idea!

Helps to have MTS lol!

I'm still shopping for my tank, almost got a 450litre for £45.

Then just before I went to get it they told me about a small leak D:

Don't wanna risk 450litres flooding my home lol!

Scouser said:
Great idea!

Helps to have MTS lol!

I'm still shopping for my tank, almost got a 450litre for £45.

Then just before I went to get it they told me about a small leak D:

Don't wanna risk 450litres flooding my home lol!

Most certainly does! Haha!

That sucks about the tank but I'm sure another will come up soon. :) I'm bummed my new tank has a crack in the corner but it still holds water. I'm going to put I whole heap of silicone in that corner on the inside to help protect it. If it works out I'm going to have it inside for a while.

Mumma.of.two said:
Most certainly does! Haha!

That sucks about the tank but I'm sure another will come up soon. :) I'm bummed my new tank has a crack in the corner but it still holds water. I'm going to put I whole heap of silicone in that corner on the inside to help protect it. If it works out I'm going to have it inside for a while.

That's good!

I wouldn't mind a crack but leaks are a no no lol

Back
Top Bottom