Scrimps for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Geoff

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey,

Wondering if I could put 1 or 2 shrimps in my tank... (scrimps if your from Nawlins). what do you guys think, would they be safe with the community I have now?

1 Opaline gourami
3 guppies
2 pot belly mollies
7 rasboras
5 zebra danios
1 zebra hybrid syndodontis
1 mystery snail

2 live plants

What do you guys think, would they get along? Tank is peaceful as is. Let me know thanks!

Hey,

Wondering if I could put 1 or 2 shrimps in my tank... (scrimps if your from Nawlins). what do you guys think, would they be safe with the community I have now?

1 Opaline gourami
3 guppies
2 pot belly mollies
7 rasboras
5 zebra danios
1 zebra hybrid syndodontis
1 mystery snail

2 live plants

What do you guys think, would they get along? Tank is peaceful as is. Let me know thanks!

How large is the tank ? The Catfish may inhale them. You might look at Bamboo Shrimp ? Amanos would be my other thought, but they only get like 2" so they can deal with some fish, and being clear helps. But if you want to try RCS, you'd need a pile of Moss or stones for them to hide in. They like live plants :)

Sorry! Been cycled and up and running for about 5 mos now. Water conditions are good, 0 ammonia and nitrates. I do add a little salt (1/2tsp per3 gal).

Size is only 29 gal, I do a water change about once a week. Not sure of the bioload of shrimp.

Yeah, I was worried the catfish might think their food...

Back
Top Bottom