Serious Concern for my Black Phantom Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cficarella12421

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, I am new to this community site and so I am learning how it works. I really need help with one of my Black Phantom Tetras. I am truly worried and do N not know what is happening nor what to do about helping it.

One of my Black Phantom Tetras has lost its color and has what appears to be a build up or growth of some sort just before its tail fin at the base of the spine. It also seems like it is having trouble swimming with its tail and kind of just bobs it up and down as if it is heavy and not using it side to side.

I'm worried and do not know what is happening. I need help and do have a picture for reference. I have been searching everywhere but am having no luck. Please someone help me!

Thread here...
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/foru...hantom-tetra-clear-and-tail-wound-375748.html

Attachments

• 20210124_195920.jpg
    20210124_195920.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the helpful advice article link. Still, does anyone know what is happening to its tail or what it is classified as?

Back
Top Bottom