Setting up a 29 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have plenty dont get me wrong, just no grass like, I guess they are moré high maintnance? Do you usually requiere CO2 for that kind of plant?

yeah the high light plants need CO2. so if you are only leaning to low-medium plants right now, the high maintenance will not be recommendable.

i had a link somewhere of the list of most low-medium light plants...let me go get it and get back to you

Great thanks I'll look them over, I'll also check the policy on transporting live plants internationally, because Im going to Houston in a couple of weeks so I might bring some home, if they work I could supply some lfs over here and contribute to the hobby. Lol.

Great thanks I'll look them over, I'll also check the policy on transporting live plants internationally, because Im going to Houston in a couple of weeks so I might bring some home, if they work I could supply some lfs over here and contribute to the hobby. Lol.

Very good idea! I would say it is allowed coz there is one man in indonesia (I think it is or maybe another part in Asia) in eBay that are selling live plants and inverts. So I would say that is not uncommon. You could definitely give it a try!

Yes, but maybe he has a license ir something, I dont want them to open my bag and look at me saying: what is that!? Lol

Yes I hope so too. Which foreground short grass like plant would you recommend which requieres medium lights and no ferts or CO2. Very specific, but does anyone pop to your mind?

the dwarf hair grass, chain swords, try the blyxa too and maybe some dwarf baby tears...although the DBT are medium to medium high light, you might be able to work it out. they are beautiful and cute.

daileene said:
the dwarf hair grass, chain swords, try the blyxa too and maybe some dwarf baby tears...although the DBT are medium to medium high light, you might be able to work it out. they are beautiful and cute.

Bylxa is a really cool looking foreground plant! U seriously look into it. DBT requires high light to keep then growing horizontally I believe.

Yes I might get some of that and some dwarft hair grass in like a months time so hopefully mi mid and background are better settled by then and in 2-3 months have a good scaping. Right now I feel transitional if anything.

Got some elodea today, not sure which specific species. It makes the tank look much fuller and provides a lot of hiding place. Sooo I think for the time being I'll just let the plants do their thing, see how the new lights go. Fingers crossed.

I'll get some photos tomorrow when lights go on. :D

ohhhh i can't wait for the new pictures...and yeah, the DBT I looked again requires high light so that's crossed out if you don't want CO2.

Back
Top Bottom