Setting up a 29 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the feedback, I'am pretty proud of building the hood and lights, dont get to build stuff often. Also like the way the scaping is going, still need more foreground as mentioned and waiting for the background to fill up.

Here are some more photos, closeups as well of each area. The hood is also fully functional with lights.

Attachments

• image-3812546747.jpg
    image-3812546747.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2567195338.jpg
    image-2567195338.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1170180880.jpg
    image-1170180880.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image-217921044.jpg
    image-217921044.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3828779364.jpg
    image-3828779364.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 81
I have a small pleco, which I'll have to upgrade to a bigger tank later, but he gets in there. Snails do too sometimes.

andresdeo said:
I have a small pleco, which I'll have to upgrade to a bigger tank later, but he gets in there. Snails do too sometimes.

Cool!

I have some attached to the big rock on the left which is growing, it got there by it self from some Java I had in my 15 gal, since I uses that rock as seeding material.

Also just a couple of days ago attached some to the driftwood maybe it doesnt show very well on the photo.

Yes, only has a few days in there. I'll transfer some moré for my 15 gal later today or tomorrow cause my goldie is destroying it lol.

But if you check my open bottom tank thread I have been regularly successfull in keeping plants with mine, so my goldie is not that mean on the plants.

LOL. i guess mine was the mean kind. hehe...they literally destroy any plant except the swords...

I have swords, vals, egeria and the Java fern. He nips on the egeria from time to time, but nothing too serious. The Java fern is another story, tears and pulls on it as if playing tug of war.

That was one of the reasons why I wanted a new tank though more place to scape and no one pulling on the plants all day long.

yeah, i had a koi and 2 fantails (all diggers and plants eaters) but thankfully they are at my father in law's pond now.

so I got to scape my old 10G and that's where my new female gourami and 6 ember tetras are at now.

Thats lovely, I'd love to have someone I can trust which has a pond for when the moment comes.

yeah, it was quite convenient. my koi and the two fantails were my novice purchase when I was not an AA member yet, before I even know about cycling and i put them all in the 10G with a common pleco...whewww...

but anyway, I was gonna suggest to you, have you though of a dwarf hairgrass to cover some ground? it would really look nice...

I'd looove some, but lfs over here dont carry any kind of grass like plants. I'm from Peru and I guess they dont see it as a profitable plant no one has an answer fore when I ask that.

Back
Top Bottom