Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes mine is 6 month to a year old and I've been told by many people to use squid most fish stores that have sharks around here tell me to use squid

I keep small sharks, rays, and other marine life for a living (in case you wonder of my exp. :) ). At birth earthworms, black worms, frozen mysis, and ghost shrimp. If I must force-feed it's usually a carnivore diet (like canned dog food). As juvies/adults I feed capelin, shrimp, silversides, squid heads/tentacles, shrimp, and sometimes herring. Sharks can be picky and their tastes as juvies can change as they age. They get a different food item every feeding, at least 3 times weekly.

Last edited:
I can't post them since I work for a public aquarium and against regulation. The sharks (spotted bamboo, brown bamboo, epaulettes, smoothhounds, and blacktip) look like any other. There isn't much varied differences within species.

They all have their own quirks and some kind of distinguishable markings, but a bamboo is a bamboo, a coral catshark is just that, and a blacktip will always be a blacktip regardless of whom owns it ;)

Ok where do you work that's what I want to do when I graduate

That's good when mine does hatch will it still have the sack on it

Back
Top Bottom