Shellie's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks I got 4 so hopefully I can get some fry eventually.

May the force be with you.

All I can see is evil blue eyes trying to steal my soul. . Cough cough.. i mean shell...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahahha, yea those piercing blue eyes are amazing. As soon as mine start to breed I'll be hooking everyone up.

Someone off shell dwellers.com

Best kind of substrate? I believe im going to start up a tank if they are as cool as everyone says. Also how to maintain the high ph correctly? I have no experience with Africans

Use sand 100%, pfs would be fine. Acid/cichlid buffers will get you where you need to be..limestone as well..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Their tough little guys. What is your pH out of the tap? If its 7.5 or above I wouldn't worry about it

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea my ph is 7.6 out of the tap and they do fine.

It depends on the species and collection area. If they're not straight from Tanganyika, they generally aren't gonna be super picky on hardness or pH. Personally, I use texas holey rock in my tanks. Multis are especially hardy with parameters

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tap is 7.0 which is great for my discus! But not so great for these guys. I need to take down my 20 hex and set up a longer tank and then i am going to get this going! What water change schedule would i need with these guys? Will deff get the sand

I do weekly water changes.

I did 50% weekly

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

7.0 will work out fine for a tank bred species. After all, 7 is neutral, so neither basic not acidic. Limestone/crushed coral will work just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom