Shipping live fish USPS??? Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oto

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everybody

i want to ship a fish but can't figure out how to use to USPS website to calculate cost and also this is my first time shipping. How do you put the fish in the bag? Don't have oxygen but have styrofoam.

Sorry about typos:facepalm: the I key sn't working and i've had to copy and paste all the i's.

Thanks!

Hello everybody

i want to ship a fish but can't figure out how to use to USPS website to calculate cost and also this is my first time shipping. How do you put the fish in the bag? Don't have oxygen but have styrofoam.

Sorry about typos:facepalm: the I key sn't working and i've had to copy and paste all the i's.

Thanks!
If you don't have oxygen for the bags, you MUST use breather bags. Fish, depending on how many you put in the bag, have about a 3 -4 hour window of safety before you need to open the bag and release the CO2 . Using breather bags eliminates this issue.
You want to ship priority or express ( next day is always better). Make sure you follow the rules for shipping live animals via USPS.
You may want to read the recent threads about shipping fish via USPS however. here's one: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/usps-shipping-foobar-really-338643.html There has been some real issues using them lately.

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom