Should i breed apistos or bettas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bm5424

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive been trying to decide either to breed Bettas or apistos. I know how to breed bettas and have tried before a couple of times but didn't have eggs hatch. But what would be easier to care for as water quality and which in your opinion be better. Which could I make more money off of. Also I won't breed veils or pet store bettas if I do.

What species of betta? If I was you, I would breed apistos instead of bettas because I think they would be easier to sell. Also, you can keep the young apistos together longer I think. Just my opinion though.

absolutangel04 said:
What species of betta? If I was you, I would breed apistos instead of bettas because I think they would be easier to sell. Also, you can keep the young apistos together longer I think. Just my opinion though.

+1 I would agree apistos. Bettas are sometimes very hard to breed.

We need more good betta breeders. However, it is a more expensive set-up to keep. You need seperate living quarters for all the males.

siva said:
We need more good betta breeders. However, it is a more expensive set-up to keep. You need seperate living quarters for all the males.

Not unless you go with the wild mouthbrooders! Which I think are allot more interesting.

Attachments

• image-670944199.jpg
    image-670944199.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image-146857169.jpg
    image-146857169.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 56
The majority of male labyrinth fish seem to fight with eachother. Can you keep males of these together?

From my understanding yes, just have to have enough females to keep them busy. They like lower ph with leaf littler on the floor and plenty of hiding places and breaks in LOS. While they are a smaller fish they do better in a tank that's at least 30" or more.

I would definitely say apistos. I've been breeding and raising Betta Splendens for a number of years now and it's a lot of work, not to mention expensive. Tons of daily water changes if you want decent growth. It's amazing how fast one can go from a handful of bettas to hundreds of containers on shelves stacked to the ceiling, all needing to be fed and water changed. It's exhausting and not a big money maker if you don't do it on a large scale. All my earned $$ goes right back into the setup and new imports. But i love Bettas so money or no money it's all worth it to me.
Just a thought

Back
Top Bottom