Should I put a brittle star in my 20 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ichthyology

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I put my fish in 2 days after the tank finished cycling. It has been a week and a half and the fish are all fine. I have a fire goby and two false percula clowns. I do not have an anemone yet. The clean-up crew consists of 5 red-leg hermits and 5 blue-leg hermits and 20 turbo snails. Should I get a brittle star and should I get an anemone, and if so when? i have pretty good lights in there and I will be getting coral soon. I have sone mushroom amenone things in it at the moment. Any help would be great. Thanks.

here's a pic of it while it was just finishing the cycle.

here's a pic, I hope.

Attachments

• cycled.jpg
    cycled.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 80
  • cycled.jpg
    cycled.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 186
Depends on the type of brittle star. Stay away from large brittle stars and those with beefy legs. They will catch and eat fish. I had one of those green brittle stars once and he snacked on a few gobies that were healthy. The smaller the tank, the easier it is for them to catch healthy fish.

It's good to wait about 6 months before putting an anemone in the system. Let the sandbed mature a bit.

I have a brittle star in my 5g he has been happy for the last 4 months

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom