Show off your Freshwater Angelfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know why his fins aren't round at the end

This pic is better

It looks like their fins are getting nipped by other fish. What else is in the tank with them? Angel Fish make good targets for fin nipping fish because of the Angels fins being so long.

I think Shark21 hit the nail on the head. :blink: Between the 2 pics, I see 4 Tetras that definitely could be the nippers here. Don't forget, since this fish is a standard Angels and not Veiltail, the fins should be coming to a point more than rounded. That rounding effect is actually an offshoot of creating the Veiltail form.
This pic is of a wild P. Scalare ( the original parent of all domestic Angels)
You'll notice the Dorsal (Top) fin is pointed not round.

The following is a standards guide by the Angelfish Society as to what our Angelfish should look like:
TAS Library - Conformation Standards for Freshwater Angelfish
(There are also some really nice pics of Angels on that site :brows: )

Hope this helps (y)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389754825.150022.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389754860.082387.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389754922.790787.jpg
I bought these a few weeks ago (once my long awaited 55 gallon was cycled) they're body is the size of a quarter. Im not certain which type of angels they are, they were labeled "assorted veil tail". I believe they are marble. (Not sure on gender yet either.)

Still just watching and enjoying them, and will eventually come up with names for them.

View attachment 216751View attachment 216752View attachment 216753
I bought these a few weeks ago (once my long awaited 55 gallon was cycled) they're body is the size of a quarter. Im not certain which type of angels they are, they were labeled "assorted veil tail". I believe they are marble. (Not sure on gender yet either.)

Still just watching and enjoying them, and will eventually come up with names for them.

Well they are still really pretty fish and I'm still a little jealous ;):lol:(y)

Well they are still really pretty fish and I'm still a little jealous ;):lol:(y)

Thanks again Andy! I think they are beautiful as well. I've wanted angels for quite sometime but didn't have a suitable tank for them. Once I got the tank it was killing me waiting for it to cycle. Then once it cycled I had to wait for just the right angels to come into the lfs. I showed up on quite a few stocking days, and finally one stocking day, there they were! I knew these were the ones the moment I peered into the tank.

Thanks again Andy! I think they are beautiful as well. I've wanted angels for quite sometime but didn't have a suitable tank for them. Once I got the tank it was killing me waiting for it to cycle. Then once it cycled I had to wait for just the right angels to come into the lfs. I showed up on quite a few stocking days, and finally one stocking day, there they were! I knew these were the ones the moment I peered into the tank.

I follow this golden rule: Good things come to those who wait. ( That applies to fish, not to all avenues in life ;) )

Enjoy them (y)

I've never actually owned an angel yet :( Hopefully I can get my 90g set up in a couple weeks and get a pair or two of them.

Chloe :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1389991250302.jpg
    1389991250302.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 138
There are some gorgeous fish on here! Great shots every body. I will have to hunt down some pics when I am on my own computer later.

Sorry its sideways ...thats the only way my phone will attach the pics?

ForumRunner_20140119_200232.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140119_200344.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140119_200344.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 140
Back
Top Bottom