Show your rockscapes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
im looking for ideas for my 29G. I have only rock in it right now and want to stay with only rock and my black sand. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post a picture of how they used rocks in their aquarium.

my current idea is to form a larger stack on the right side with a slope downward toward the middle and have less rock on the left but idk yet!

so lets get some pics and brainstorm!:dance:

My 50g now...
img_1805082_0_b89b612935bad62858c7b6dd0814576d.jpg

My 50 before...
img_1805082_1_7e5c3e1ea39783d87fad8422c6a09187.jpg

My 37 now...
img_1805082_2_549374384adf7f426a8615d93dbd8484.jpg

My 37 before...
img_1805082_3_49a207eca4548efbf705f186f1352cfc.jpg

BHead707 said:
sure! idk how id make something like that in mine haha but looks awesome

Lol thanks!! Took 5 hours and alot of hold fast putty...but i think its worth it!

Mr.Pleco said:
My 50g now...

My 50 before...

My 37 now...

My 37 before...

Nice tanks man!! I like the 37 before lol!! Just one little rock mound!!

Nice tanks man!! I like the 37 before lol!! Just one little rock mound!!

Thanks..I kinda do too sometimes but I found all those rocks and just had to use them. The picture doesn't look as good as it does when it's in front of you.

nice looking tanks! ive been scouring the site looking for the tank im thinking of in my head but cant find it

I could do that with the rocks I have. You want swimming spaces between or a more solid piece like in the picture?

possibly but i have access to pretty much every size i could want and alot of different shapes, i have a creek right next to me that i can get them from

Oh sweet. I got all mine from rivers/creeks in TN while on vacation over a few years. And a bunch from my grandpas old tanks.

You should have no problems finding rocks. Just get some nice longer flat rocks to stack. The tricky part is finding rocks for support that are more flat on the top and bottom so it's stable.

It's a challenge but a fun one.

Oh sweet. I got all mine from rivers/creeks in TN while on vacation over a few years. And a bunch from my grandpas old tanks.

You should have no problems finding rocks. Just get some nice longer flat rocks to stack. The tricky part is finding rocks for support that are more flat on the top and bottom so it's stable.

It's a challenge but a fun one.

ya i got plenty of time this weekend to try it out i cant wait!
how could i go about it without having to rest them on the glass? or is that ok as long as i am careful

ya i got plenty of time this weekend to try it out i cant wait!
how could i go about it without having to rest them on the glass? or is that ok as long as i am careful

All mine are supported by other rocks. None of mine rest on glass other than the one side rock in the 50g but there is nothing stacked on it.

Get rocks that are somewhat taller but thinner and have a flat side so you can stack rocks on top. I'd get 3 or so and spread them evenly under your main flat rock. In my 50g I lined the bottle with gravel and then put sand over it so the gravel helps keep them still. Once you get a rock on all 3 they shouldn't move.

Back
Top Bottom