Siamese algae eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abbyn

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two Siamese algae eaters and one of them is way larger than the other. One is probably 4 inches and is pretty thick and the other is only about 2 inches and is really thin and tiny. I got them both more than a year ago only a week or two apart. I feed them sinking algae pellets and occasionally blood worms. There isn't any problems because of their size difference, they get along fine. I was curious to see if anyone knows why there could be this much difference in size.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I already bought a baby SAE, it was 1-2 cm big, then it became almost 13-15cm long, so I sold it.

This fish can go >1 foot long.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416282462.041461.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416282506.743303.jpgthe big one is the one that's on the bottom of the tank and the little one is in the plant. They aren't cooperating right now and I can't get a picture of them together but I will try to get one later

I am not able to look at the full size picture right now but the bottom one doesn't look like an SAE to me. Any chance it is an Otocinclus species?

I can look in more detail later if nobody responds.

EDIT: Nevermind - mrvincent posted at the same time.

Okay well someone said that they can get really big so one is probably just growing faster than the other. It doesn't really matter I was just curious

Back
Top Bottom