Siamese fighting fish query

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chloefinn2003

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just looked at the fish tank again and noticed my red Siamese fighting fish has slight white ends on his fins. His body is fine and looks the same as when I got him. Just slightly bigger. Thanks for reading.

watch them close to make sure it's not fin rot? A pic would help if you can get one.

Cheers. I'll try to take one tomorrow. It looks like it's lost it's lost it's colour on a couple of the ends. It's like a light blue colour right on the ends

What is the tank size? Filtered? Heated? Water parameters? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate).
Sounds like fin rot, or something else caused by poor water quality, or stress.

Hi

I do a 20% water change very week. It's a 48 gallon tank, planted. Temp is 26.7. It has an internal filter and pond solutions 200L external pump.

The ph is 7
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate always slightly high which is why I do a weekly water change. I checked my tap water and it's the same level as the tank. I have checked with this on the forum and in my LFS.... I now have plants that help.

Cheers

These are the pictures I took of Sid the Siamese fighting fish. If u look at the ends of the fins they are a slightly different colour. Is it fin rot or just a natural difference ??

I've got one at work like that and its just his natural colouration. Keep a very close eye on yours though to see if it changes. If it is fin rot you'll notice the difference very quickly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cheers. Thanks for the reassurance. I was hoping it would just be his natural colours x

Back
Top Bottom