Sick angel fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimlafeiet

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all, I have a baby calico angel that I got from a "big box" pet store on Sat. He is currently in a quarentine tank with 4 glass cats (came from the same store, same day).
Cats look good, but when I came home today, I noticed that the bottom fin on the angel has white fuz on the end, and the top fin looks like it is getting it too.
Is this a fungal infection or something different? No signs of ich, eating well.
What is the best course of treatment?
Here is a pic of the angel

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130206_175658.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130206_175658.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 84
I dont believe this is ich, it was like a cottonball on the end of his fin.
Update: I did a 50% water change with good sand vacuming. Pulled up some of the less healthy looking plants, removed all brown algae from rocks, etc. Conditioned with prime, dosed melafix and pimafix, and added a little stress coat & stress zyme. All params were tested before doing this, am 0 trite 0 trates 5-10.

Angel already looks better, dont see any more cottony stuff, but his fins are quite short and tattered ( bottom, top, and long feeler fins). He either got picked on pretty bad at the petstore, or my glass cats are bullies.....but I am guessing it was the tankmates at the store......these cats are very shy and docile. It has been a struggle to even get tem to eat. Lol

Does anyone know if glass cats can handle salt and/or meds? I would like to try and avoid anything more than melafix and pimafix if I can. I didnt add any salt either because I dont know if they will tolerate it.

He looks ruffed up from the store. Just keep the water really clean and his fins will grow back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom