Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

So there's a few reasons I haven't been around much this week.... Semester starting and all that for one. But also, my computer crapped the bed :banghead: Fancy 2011 macbook pro, spent like my entire life savings on it before college. The logic board has been dying for a while, for the last almost year the speakers have been dead and I've had to use a plug-in. Then last week the video card went nuts and the whole screen went purple. I was not pleased. Luckily, Apple repaired it for free despite being out of warranty and I just got it back today! Replaced the logic board and the CD drive (which had also crapped out long long ago) Even better, I bought a backup computer this week thinking my macbook would be under repair for a while and possibly too expensive to repair, and needing a computer for school. So now we have two computers which means Miss Gurnus has a real computer again (she hasn't had her own since 2013). :D (y)

Fry are all doing good, got tons of multi fry coming up, this semester is going great. I'm working on online chem homework and meanwhile I'll be around on AA and elsewhere :D (y)

Sounds good! Looking forward to seeing those multis!

Interestingly, my multi fry have changed behavior in recent batches. They tend to stay much lower, just above the substrate. I attribute this to the tank being on the bottom of a rack now so the foot traffic scares them. But I can see them looking down into the tank from above so I can use the eyedropper to get food to them more easily.

So jealous!

Have you tried looking from above your multi tank? I found two of my spawns that I wouldn't have seen otherwise doing that. Maybe the spawns are right there under your nose :lol: Otherwise, I can send you some of my multis- the only multi fry I've sold have become a faster-growing colony than mine :eek::nono:

Check out my workspace- probably not the best for someone with ADHD but I do enjoy the company :whistle: On the left is the planted angelfish growout, on the right is the redhead koi spawn from mid-december.
DsoX6cG.jpg

Check out my workspace- probably not the best for someone with ADHD but I do enjoy the company :whistle: On the left is the planted angelfish growout, on the right is the redhead koi spawn from mid-december.
DsoX6cG.jpg

Just be careful that the humidity around that area doesn't effect your computer. Any time you have water bubbling, you have humidity in the air and computers don't like that. :nono:

There is nowhere in this apartment safe from fish tanks.... Well, except our toddler's room but between him and the fish tanks my computer will be safer around the fish tanks ;)

Most recent mission accomplished: Replace 15 gallon bin with 10 gallon tank (Dollar per gallon! (y) ). Might seem like a downgrade but the bins are harder to see into and can't be filled all the way so they probably can only hold 10 gallons at most anyway (probably less). And the bins are flimsy enough to make me always nervous. I have another 10 to swap out with the other bin when I'm ready.

1ydkCkz.jpg

Unfortunately I still can't get a clear enough picture to show the albinos but they're still fairly easy to make out in person. Their eyes are whitish/pink while the other fry have "normal" eyes.

Most recent mission accomplished: Replace 15 gallon bin with 10 gallon tank (Dollar per gallon! (y) ). Might seem like a downgrade but the bins are harder to see into and can't be filled all the way so they probably can only hold 10 gallons at most anyway (probably less). And the bins are flimsy enough to make me always nervous. I have another 10 to swap out with the other bin when I'm ready.

1ydkCkz.jpg

Unfortunately I still can't get a clear enough picture to show the albinos but they're still fairly easy to make out in person. Their eyes are whitish/pink while the other fry have "normal" eyes.

Sounds like you are on your way. (y) It's probably better you don't take flash pics of them anyway. They are light sensitive at that size. Wait until they are much older and more established so you can see them without using extra lighting. (y)

Have you tried looking from above your multi tank? I found two of my spawns that I wouldn't have seen otherwise doing that. Maybe the spawns are right there under your nose :lol: Otherwise, I can send you some of my multis- the only multi fry I've sold have become a faster-growing colony than mine :eek::nono:

Still haven't seen any...I'm not really looking to get a bigger colony just want some BAP points and maybe a few dollars. I'm debating transferring the 90g tang tank to the 150 and giving the multis their own corner. Thoughts?

Still haven't seen any...I'm not really looking to get a bigger colony just want some BAP points and maybe a few dollars. I'm debating transferring the 90g tang tank to the 150 and giving the multis their own corner. Thoughts?

Tbh I don't know anything more than basics about african communities of any kind. The research I did on multis suggested they're fine in tang communities, but I have no idea beyond that. Sorry :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom