Sk3llys 60P Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had staghorn before. I find that it tends to thrive in deadspots where there's low current. It's fairly easy to beat. I just manually remove as much is I can then spot treat the rest with h2o2 or glut.

Yea that makes sense. It's in an area of my tank that is hard to get good circulation too

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ok I've decided to show a FTS in 30mins when my lighting comes on :)

I will add some comments on it now so people understand more why it looks the way it does.

Front center has only recently been planted with tropica 1-2 pots of star repens. As people know these take a while to take off, especially under low lighting.

Left side. Crypt wendtii green is growing nicely although it's actually taking on more of a red colour. Hopefully this will be the dominant plant here with the blyxas merging into it. The two buces on the wood below the left stone have taken nicely and are sending out new leaves.

Back left. Aponogeton crispus red starting to send out new leaves and hopefully will dominate the corner in time. Alternanthera roseafolia is due a harsh hack back. It's fairly new and I'm waiting for roots to develop before hacking off the old emersed growth.

Back center. Pogostemon erectus just starting to show up to the party. This plant was hit hard in the transformation from high to low lighting. It's now a pretty slow grower but it's looking healthy.

Front right. Above the right hand stone, there is a mix of anubias nana bonsai, crypt mi oya and ammania bonsai. These plants are fighting to get a stranglehold at the moment and hopefully with some pruning and time will look a good combination. Just behind this is a hygrophilia pinatifidia forest. Most of which is too low to see still. This is also a slow grower for me.

Driftwood. Got a bit of needle leaf java growing up the spine. Again fairly recent addition and I'm waiting for the new growth to come through before I cut some of the older leaves off. Hoping to keep this plant pruned so it hugs low to the driftwood.

That's about it really but it's beginning to look more like a jungle every week, it's just slow going that's all.

Pictures to follow......

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
Pictures
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433952310.683740.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433952323.097476.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433952338.266351.jpg

Bit of algae on the rocks which im dealing with but next to nothing on my plants

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That buce looks banging good sir! !!! despite what most will say.. algae on the hardscape almost make algae free plants look better! Atleast that's what I keep telling myself:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That buce looks banging good sir! !!! despite what most will say.. algae on the hardscape almost make algae free plants look better! Atleast that's what I keep telling myself:p

Thanks matey. Theres two buces on the wood. One is a dark blue and one is a cherry red. They kinda look similar to me. Although the cherry red is throwing out a new leaf that looks different to its others. Maybe its going to redden. I can only hope.

Theres a third buce in the last shot. Its on the front stone but i only put it in the tank 1 hour before photo. Needs to be positioned properly.

Well the algae on the rocks is largely left from the high light regime. Its beginning to recede now

Tank looks great Skelly! You guys and the buce...too rich for my blood, but they are stunning.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got another nice little plant on its way. More expensive than the buces here in the UK.

Crypt sp flamingo, hopefully here thursday/friday

One of the coolest parts of your tank is the unique plants you have! Very cool ??

Got another nice little plant on its way. More expensive than the buces here in the UK.

Crypt sp flamingo, hopefully here thursday/friday

Looks like a gda magnet:p pics when you get it!!

Looks like a gda magnet:p pics when you get it!!

Yea well time will tell on that one. Hopefully i can bring out the nice pinks in this plant

One of the coolest parts of your tank is the unique plants you have! Very cool ??

Yea i like to try different things. Some old favourites mixed in with a few oddballs

I'm new to planted tanks, but I love seeing how great they look! Following.

I'm new to planted tanks, but I love seeing how great they look! Following.

Sk3lly is a hack.. if you want to see a real planted tank check out Fresh2o, tiger terror or brian nano12. NanoJack makes small things look hugeeeee!!
Ps- sk3lly is anything but a hack.. i am being sarcastic. Just incase someone got all offended? I kid I kid!

Thanks! I'll have to find their threads.

I realize I'm jumping onto threads from last year, but ppl are still following and replying!

Sk3lly is a hack.. if you want to see a real planted tank check out Fresh2o, tiger terror or brian nano12. NanoJack makes small things look hugeeeee!!
Ps- sk3lly is anything but a hack.. i am being sarcastic. Just incase someone got all offended? I kid I kid!

You don't give yourself enough credit! Your tanks are just as good as those you mentioned!
ZoePets you should follow brooksters threads too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You don't give yourself enough credit! Your tanks are just as good as those you mentioned!
ZoePets you should follow brooksters threads too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I woke up like this...

Dennerle in vitro crypt flamingo planted

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434639289.074116.jpg

Will be a little while for it to get rooted, get used to its environment and start sending up healthy leaves. At that point i will snip the old leaves. Usually i cut an old one off every time i see a new leaf forming

Looks awesome in there!

Back
Top Bottom