Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They don't require food for the first couple days.. how long were they free swimming?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They didnt make free swimming stage.

The tank was setup the day they were moved into it. Was a rushed job to stop eggs being eaten. I did the full range of tests and all was ok.

Hmmmm very odd. I guess its hard to know sometimes

Sorry to hear/read that. I was looking forward to seeing those lil guys grow.

Are you going to try again?

Yea i was too tbh. Yes of course im trying again. There is a reason why i am desperate to get them to a sellable size.

When i first got the rams and they laid eggs, i got all excited and read that they developed fast. So i went down to the lfs to see if they would be interested.
The manager was quite rude and arrogant. 'You wont get them to hatch and i can buy them far less than youd sell them at'
Ever since that day, ive wanted to go down to his fish shop with a bag full of lovely looking rams just to refuse to sell them to him. Lol. Im stubborn like this :)

I can't wait till next time then. I hate when I visit a lfs and they think they know everything. I have one here and I don't visit it for that reason, plus the fish always look sick.

Stick it to lfs man! (With a picket sign, marching around my living room)

The rams you have?.. they'd be crazy not to want those fry.. solid line there.. you'll get it.. just think ultra stable and it will work out.. you can pm dragon too, she breeds rams and knows all the tricks and tips

You get your bml controller up and running yet?

You get your bml controller up and running yet?

Nope :(

I emailed them 3 days ago and have heard nothing.

I will give them another few days then start kicking up a fuss on their forums

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's crappy, is there any buzz about in their forum already?

That's crappy, is there any buzz about in their forum already?

Not looked really if im honest. Busy with other things at the moment. Ripped up more of tht **** DHG. Think ive got enough space made now though

You really despise that DHG huh? Haha who would of thought.. the second most coveted carpeting plant in the hobby and you're cursing it's very existence in your tank.. so you're going to tear this tank down or run the 60 alongside ?

You really despise that DHG huh? Haha who would of thought.. the second most coveted carpeting plant in the hobby and you're cursing it's very existence in your tank.. so you're going to tear this tank down or run the 60 alongside ?

If it wasn't so invasive it would be great!! I mean it looks fantastic but its too hard to control.

Will be a complete tear down and start a fresh.

Ive ordered. Few of the plants that i want in the new tank already. Due in stock on 3rd July. I should get them on the 4th. I want to try colouring them up ready for the new tank

I hear you.. my chain sword is all over the place too. I don't mind the jungle look though so it's cool for now.. can't wait to see this bad boy get under way!

I hear you.. my chain sword is all over the place too. I don't mind the jungle look though so it's cool for now.. can't wait to see this bad boy get under way!

I cant wait to start!!

It's fun scaping tanks.... i think I'm going to tear down my 20 and redo it proper.. pick a style, draw it up and do it nice nice..

Back to your ludwigia, man that stuff grows like crazy. Especially with a CFL and BML combo. Doubled in height, reached the top of the water and turned fully pink in a couple weeks. Snipped all the tallest ones in half and planted in the gaps around the originals... They're all already looking healthy and growing like crazy. Just trimmed the bottom leaves off the snipped portions. Wish my other stuff grew like they do. Minus the massive amazon sword - already have three of them from the single runner. They love love love the massive dirt substrate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back to your ludwigia, man that stuff grows like crazy. Especially with a CFL and BML combo. Doubled in height, reached the top of the water and turned fully pink in a couple weeks. Snipped all the tallest ones in half and planted in the gaps around the originals... They're all already looking healthy and growing like crazy. Just trimmed the bottom leaves off the snipped portions. Wish my other stuff grew like they do. Minus the massive amazon sword - already have three of them from the single runner. They love love love the massive dirt substrate.

Yep the ludwigia is certainly a great plant. Its had to make way for my incoming new plants. No place in the new september scape for the ludwigia

This is the space im left with...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403724494.259119.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403724535.098838.jpg

Obviously my fissedens moss driftwood will be repositioned

Lol. How tragic. ;) I would totally plant a "tree" or two in the middle of that grass field!

How long did it take for your DHG to carpet like that? I got some probably a week or so ago and it hasn't grown much, it was pretty ragged when I got it and a lot of it melted back it's just starting to bounce back now. Blades are only about an inch high maybe.

Back
Top Bottom