Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long did it take for your DHG to carpet like that? I got some probably a week or so ago and it hasn't grown much, it was pretty ragged when I got it and a lot of it melted back it's just starting to bounce back now. Blades are only about an inch high maybe.

Few months. I only started with one pot and it spread to almost the entire tank.

Good lighting and co2 helps

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My tanks a 46g bowfront I got a bml on it I don't have co2 tho, using metricide 14 day solution for my liquid carbon and dosing dry ferts every day, guess I'll have to be patient! Lol. When you planted it did you plant it in very small bunches like a couple blades per bunch or were they a bit bigger bunches? Cause I've heard people would plant in very small bunches to help it spread runners easier, don't know if it will be worth it for me to pull mine and replant not sure if it's rooted in at all yet. Great tank btw, looking forward to the new one you will be setting up.

My tanks a 46g bowfront I got a bml on it I don't have co2 tho, using metricide 14 day solution for my liquid carbon and dosing dry ferts every day, guess I'll have to be patient! Lol. When you planted it did you plant it in very small bunches like a couple blades per bunch or were they a bit bigger bunches? Cause I've heard people would plant in very small bunches to help it spread runners easier, don't know if it will be worth it for me to pull mine and replant not sure if it's rooted in at all yet. Great tank btw, looking forward to the new one you will be setting up.

Thanks a lot :)

Yea you sound like your on the way to a lush DHG carpet.

I planted them in small bunches. I dont have the time to split it by blade lol

This one is for you Brookster. I know you love these guys...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403885711.654301.jpg

His mohawk type fin is getting a touch of red to it? Natural or something to be concerned about?

Sweet! I'd say just a by product of an excellent diet.. you're doing it right because he looks magnificent!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks :) shhhh dont tell my other fish but he's my favourite lol

I don't blame you one bit haha, personality to go with looks always helps, mine are starting to take on some more colors too, i can only hope they color up as much as yours.. you certainly to not have the poorly bre, hormone loaded gbrs I see over here all the time..

I don't blame you one bit haha, personality to go with looks always helps, mine are starting to take on some more colors too, i can only hope they color up as much as yours.. you certainly to not have the poorly bre, hormone loaded gbrs I see over here all the time..

Like you i searched for a good breeder for mine. I know yours are wild caught or something right? I looked at the rams in the shops and they just didnt look great. For a centerpiece fish its got to look great.

Ive recently started feeding live food twice a week now so im looking for even better results with them

Build a rack and stack stack stackkk!! Haha old as an apisto tank..hmmmmm

Last edited:
Translation...construct a 2 tier shelf in order to stack both your tanks up, 2 tanks, same footprint; )

Been following the thread for a while and I must say beautiful ram! Where did u get him?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice very beautiful =) I just ordered some from yunite since they sent me a free shipping coupon hehe

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom