Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think it was linked to stored memory within the unit. Too technical for me lol!!

Your tanks already look great so with new lights they really will take off.

My girlfriend is getting into the fish more and more. She likes feeding them now. She also insisted she removed the latest GBR eggs laid yesterday to put in the breeding tank. She liked being attacked by the pair

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yah, i hear you.. as long it works though! So she's liking the fish more?? Getting them on board with plants and lighting is the tricky part haha.. how's that vacation planning coming:cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yah, i hear you.. as long it works though! So she's liking the fish more?? Getting them on board with plants and lighting is the tricky part haha.. how's that vacation planning coming:cool:

Yea shes getting much better with them. Only taken almost a year lol

Yea we know where we are going, just tracking the price so that we get the best deal

Yea shes getting much better with them. Only taken almost a year lol

Yea we know where we are going, just tracking the price so that we get the best deal

If you never hear from me again it's because my gf killed me after she saw the $200 in lighting show up..we actually used a travel agent, crazy this day and age, it worked out pretty well.. paid a bit more but the trip went off without a hitch. .

If you never hear from me again it's because my gf killed me after she saw the $200 in lighting show up..we actually used a travel agent, crazy this day and age, it worked out pretty well.. paid a bit more but the trip went off without a hitch. .

Yea we'll use a travel agent too. We like all the details sorted for us. Lazy really lol

Yea we'll use a travel agent too. We like all the details sorted for us. Lazy really lol

Not lazy.. smart.. leave it up to the professionals.. these days.. a crap resort writes up some snazzy reviews and you fall for it?? Unthinkable I know..I'd just assume stick with the pro and be happy on vacation! The worst part is tank separation anxiety.. have you been away from yours before?

Not lazy.. smart.. leave it up to the professionals.. these days.. a crap resort writes up some snazzy reviews and you fall for it?? Unthinkable I know..I'd just assume stick with the pro and be happy on vacation! The worst part is tank separation anxiety.. have you been away from yours before?

Nope this is the first time. My brother is in training to dose and feed.

Just ordered 4gallons of metricide on amazon

Nope this is the first time. My brother is in training to dose and feed.

Just ordered 4gallons of metricide on amazon

Haha very nice.. I had my friend stop by, I wouldn't even trust my brother to do.the dosings.. my friend is in the military, he definitely understands the importance of following orders.. the metricide is huge. You run co2 so you'd probably be ok as long as the ferts made an appearance every few days?? I just blacked mine out for the 2 days I'm away now.. figure if anything it would starve a little algae..

Haha very nice.. I had my friend stop by, I wouldn't even trust my brother to do.the dosings.. my friend is in the military, he definitely understands the importance of following orders.. the metricide is huge. You run co2 so you'd probably be ok as long as the ferts made an appearance every few days?? I just blacked mine out for the 2 days I'm away now.. figure if anything it would starve a little algae..

I might hook up a new co2 bottle before i go, just incase. Im also thinking if theres more pros than cons in turning down the bml to half power whilst im away. I run 3 hours on, 3 off, 3 on. Might slow the plants a little if ferts forget to be dosed. This might stop the plants from showing deficiencies but maybe encourage algae so im not sure

I might hook up a new co2 bottle before i go, just incase. Im also thinking if theres more pros than cons in turning down the bml to half power whilst im away. I run 3 hours on, 3 off, 3 on. Might slow the plants a little if ferts forget to be dosed. This might stop the plants from showing deficiencies but maybe encourage algae so im not sure

I would if I were you, end of tank dump or running out would be a bad bad thing.. I'd also knock down lighting as well. Better safe than sorry..

Just make sure you set, observe, and reset the CO2 output on the new tank before you go. I was running at 2-3 bps and thought I adjusted it to 1-2 bps...turned it the wrong way. Luckily I was home at the time; the fish were at the surface and the diffuser looked like an active airstone. DC was yellow.
I just got back from a week long vacation. Lights and CO2 running on schedule. Triple dose PPS pro before I left. No glut or ferts while I was away. Fish were hungry when I returned. Tank was in okay shape; no excessive algae. I don't mind wiping the glass. String or BBA is another thing. The pogo erectus melted badly; only the submersed growth survived. That prolly would have happened anyway.

Just make sure you set, observe, and reset the CO2 output on the new tank before you go. I was running at 2-3 bps and thought I adjusted it to 1-2 bps...turned it the wrong way. Luckily I was home at the time; the fish were at the surface and the diffuser looked like an active airstone. DC was yellow.
I just got back from a week long vacation. Lights and CO2 running on schedule. Triple dose PPS pro before I left. No glut or ferts while I was away. Fish were hungry when I returned. Tank was in okay shape; no excessive algae. I don't mind wiping the glass. String or BBA is another thing. The pogo erectus melted badly; only the submersed growth survived. That prolly would have happened anyway.

Im still fine tuning my co2 to give the majority of my photoperiod the lime green tint in the dc

Oh yahh?? I'll throw those pics up on the HD big screen and I'll be finding that algae for you haha

Looks good man!

My fry are doing better this time around brookster. Daily water change and liquid food this time. Im determined to get them to a sellable size!

Ive set up a heated vat type thing in my fish cupboard. Its got an airstone in to gas off the chlorine. Thinking of drilling into the plastic and fitting a tap to it so i can fill bottles for the little 5litre changes on the fry tank

Hey good news! Yah the temp match, gassed off water is a big part. My first wc killed half the batch because I didn't know any better. How far along are they?

Back
Top Bottom