skimmer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirfishmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a jebo 180 skimmer....it is working very well IMO i have thick foam (green & stinky) coming out...my question is

do you think the lid restricts the foam from going in the cup?
seems that when i take the lid off the foam comes out like a snake...if i leave the lid off, will this have an effect on the skimmer?

doug

The lid is there to help break the bubbles so they deposit junk into the cup. I wouldn't remove it.

honest, i have heard bad and good things about this skimmer :roll: i decided that for under 50.00 i would try it...i set it up. i was not hapy at the no directions that it came with...and no problem solving....i was worried at first about this as it was very hard to tweak the air supply. after 3 days it showed signs of working, now i like it and is doing a great job. I do not like that i have to shut this down every time to clean the cup out....instead i soak up the crap with paper towels. in the long run i think i would rate this at a 6 :D i am happy with the results so far

doug

Back
Top Bottom