Sky's Diving Into The Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hondatek said:
Sorry to hear that sky . As far as them looking worse in hypo that's normal . It means it's working .

The Goby looked bad in the main tank too. His fins are all torn up, faded color, really lethargic, covered in Ich bad. That was just when I found him this morning. He's looking and acting about the same in hypo now.

The blenny is swimming around looking for food like normal lol.

gah, i just found a zoa eating Nudi in the tank too. well since i'm fishless in the tank for now i guess it's time to go on the hunt and get rid of all the nasties i can.

1 down, who knows how many or what else to go!

skywhitney said:
gah, i just found a zoa eating Nudi in the tank too. well since i'm fishless in the tank for now i guess it's time to go on the hunt and get rid of all the nasties i can.

1 down, who knows how many or what else to go!

Oh man, you are having a baaaddd day!! Happy hunting.

Yeah it wasn't the best day by far but I'm sure there will be a silver lining.

I think I'm meaning toward a decision to move my blenny back into the tank after hypo is complete but not to add any other fish after that.

Sorry sky. If I may give you a suggestion. I qt all my fish for 4 -6 weeks in hypo from day one. 4 weeks if they don't break out in ich and 6 if they do. I will never have a ich outbreak ever again and you do not have to either.

Sorry sky. If I may give you a suggestion. I qt all my fish for 4 -6 weeks in hypo from day one. 4 weeks if they don't break out in ich and 6 if they do. I will never have a ich outbreak ever again and you do not have to either.

I know. I have nobody to blame for this other than myself. I know better but I gave into the excitement of the new fish and was unprepared for a fish that size. Unfortunately the importance of a proper QT process has been driven home the hard way.

All I can do from here is make sure that I do everything possible and follow a proper process. Lesson learned! :facepalm:

Don't feel bad . Unfortunately that's how I learned and it is how most people learn the importance of a qt.

Don't feel bad . Unfortunately that's how I learned and it is how most people learn the importance of a qt.

yeah, and i'm also going to start doing a good QT on my corals as well in addition to the dip since i'm finding nasties on them too lol

got a couple of super green Hydnophora frags and a chalice (if you know what kind it is feel free to let me know!) today for $15 :)

Attachments

• 20121128_221516.jpg
    20121128_221516.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20121128_221455.jpg
    20121128_221455.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 97
here is an updated FTS along with a closer shot of the frogspawn which i moved off of the sand bed cause it wasn't looking to happy. since i've moved it it has opened up about twice the size.

Attachments

• 20121129_165701.jpg
    20121129_165701.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 20121129_210123.jpg
    20121129_210123.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 106
So no news is good news right?

Everything is status quo with the reef right now. Nothing really to report other than a Mexican Turbo snail died recently. Now that I have given everyone a super exciting update I will probably update again sometime around the end of the month when I put fish back in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom