Slug/worm type of speices breeding in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0311Marine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gal salt water tank, 5 lbs of live rock, live sand, 4 hermit crabs, 2 clownfish, 1 green damsel, ph is around 8.1, ammonia/nitrite 0, nitrate between 0 to 5 ppm. Had a slug, snail, dragonate, 3 other damsels all died in the tank. I change about 3 gallons of water per month, filter once so far. Water temps is around 74, led lighting 8 to 12 hrs a day(I know 12 is too much =) ), pump is a 30.

Had the tank close to 3 month or so, notice recently these slug/worm type of thing on e glass of my tank. I took 3 out I have at least 1 more. I have no idea what it is, good or bad. I also have these green things growing out of one of the live rocks. Your help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• image-2866855659.jpg
    image-2866855659.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 135
  • image-3874043087.jpg
    image-3874043087.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 136
I have a 10 gal salt water tank, 5 lbs of live rock, live sand, 4 hermit crabs, 2 clownfish, 1 green damsel, ph is around 8.1, ammonia/nitrite 0, nitrate between 0 to 5 ppm. Had a slug, snail, dragonate, 3 other damsels all died in the tank. I change about 3 gallons of water per month, filter once so far. Water temps is around 74, led lighting 8 to 12 hrs a day(I know 12 is too much =) ), pump is a 30.

Had the tank close to 3 month or so, notice recently these slug/worm type of thing on e glass of my tank. I took 3 out I have at least 1 more. I have no idea what it is, good or bad. I also have these green things growing out of one of the live rocks. Your help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Here are the green stuff.

Attachments

• image-3626521778.jpg
    image-3626521778.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 122
Hard to see on my phone but first pics look like stomatella snails or possibly Nudibranch. . Google it & see if it looks like it. If stomalellas they are a beneficial part of your CUC. Nudis usually look like what they eat and can be coral eaters or helpful like Aptasia eaters, hard to know. Green stuff might be some macro but I can't tell on the phone.

Last edited:
Hard to see on my phone but first pics look like stomatella snails or possibly Nudibranch. . Google it & see if it looks like it. If stomalellas they are a beneficial part of your CUC. Nudis usually look like what they eat and can be coral eaters or helpful like Aptasia eaters, hard to know. Green stuff might be some macro but I can't tell on the phone.

Thank you, you are right it is Stomatella Snails guess they are not bad for your tank =) Thank god, cause they look really nasty!

The macro im searching thank you! wouldn't have known either one of them if you didn't give these recommendations:fish2:

Don't put any more fish in either. Youre still overstocked and were wayyy overstocked with the other 4 fish. 10 gal tank won't support a manderin either.
What type of LEDs ? Not Marineland I hope.

Don't put any more fish in either. Youre still overstocked and were wayyy overstocked with the other 4 fish. 10 gal tank won't support a manderin either.
What type of LEDs ? Not Marineland I hope.

The most i ever had was 4 fishes at the same time =)

Not sure what brand of LED light its a white and blue mixed light

Back
Top Bottom