Small Cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlebitlarisa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 30 gallon tank cycling that I would love to put some small cichlids in. Does anyone have any recomendations? I would really love some blue or yellow ones.

img_1586516_0_b58ba4e6abf6ce4d97139052ed7cf18f.jpg

:thanks:

Welcome!
You could keep a pair of german blue rams (there is also an electric blue and a gold variety) or apistogramma in that tank. There are many species of apistogramma and most are quite colorful. Rams have been a standard in the hobby for years because of their color.

Second the rams, I have german blues and they have wonderful color. Electric blues are also nice as are golds. There is also a powder blue that is a gold and electric blue hybrid.

Oh, I'm paying attention to this. I have a 29 gallon setup that's cycling right now as well should be ready this coming weekend.

I'd keep to what severum suggested. Yellow labs and Acei need a bigger tank. Acei especially.

I really like the Acei but have read they need a larger tank. My fish store only stocks acei's, bumblebee's, peacocks, blood parrots and convicts.

I am not sure that any of these are going to work for my tank :(

Not sure that there are any other local stores...

You can always look at ordering online, I have browsed aquabid. I live in Canada and most of the sellers only sell within the us. The other option is to talk to your local fish store about special ordering. I know my LFS will special order for me.

Second the rams, I have german blues and they have wonderful color. Electric blues are also nice as are golds. There is also a powder blue that is a gold and electric blue hybrid.

German blue ram, gold ram, electric blue ram, and powder blue ram are all color variants of Microgeophagus ramirezi; therefore, the different forms are not hybrids.

No Mbuna in a 30 gallon IMO... especially since this appears to be a 29 instead of a 30 long (either way, it's still too small). ;)

Back
Top Bottom